/dist/images/branding/favicon

007 skyfall

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Guilherme Barbosa, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Just had the chance to see the debut on the theather and of course was looking for that aerial images as probably half of the crowd on this forum would do .... could identify at least 5 diferent takes that had to be on an rc uav .at the end found the guys they are : flying cam , and as soon as I had my phone back went to check their web. it was from a big rc copter flying a epic... The gimbal , well that is something to envy.....
    The great ones still on choppers but im sure very soon we will see this with multis
    Cheers

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Those guys have been working in the film industry for a very long time, I see they're all electric now. They are pulling 30 mins flight times with 5kg payload on electric according to their website. When will our multis ever be that efficient? Is it possible for our beloved multis to fly a 5-7kg payload at an AUW of 10-14kg for at least 20min...30 mins max?

Would love for this possibilty but I doubt we'll see this anytime soon. The multi would be considerably heavier than a SRH just in all the extra batteries needed to sustain that flighttime? In the end, if we're forced to fly a rig bigger and heavier than a SRH just to be able to match their flighttime one must ask is it worth it? I don't know...or am I totally off?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

To which web site are you guys referring. I'd like to see what they're flying, Howard.

Thanks
    Andy

4. Howard Dapp

Andy, their site is Flying-Cam dot com.

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Howard, the footage coming off multi rotors absolutely blows the doors off what flying-cam's rig is capable of producing. I have been hired by many people after working with Flying Cam and seen their raw footage. It is not a fair fight ;)

6. Howard Dapp

Tabb, that's good to know and encouraging. We may not (currently) have the endurance but we shine where it matters!

7. Guilherme Barbosa

I think we will always be behind a single engine in efficiency once we achieve 30 min the sigle will bee able to do 60min.
    And with my little experience I had never fell the need for 30min.(of course would love to have) But I would be really really happy with solid 12 min safe 15min. carring 6kg of load.
    I really think the discs engines is the way to go, and for batteries we will have to wait for technology to evolve a bit....
    If you think about 6 years ago I was happy getting 3 min flight on a electric plane. But just the though of not having to clean gas mess was a dream coming true. Cobalt batteries uhuhhuhuh
    Now we have lipo and Radian (these two for me was another dream coming true)...... And as Human nature we want more. We want direct drive. We want lighter, smother......
    But as Tab said multis do things impossible to helis.....
    And it is up to us to be out there and get this contracts....
    But I would love to see at the end of this movie a Multi rotor aerial company instead of the heli one.............

8. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Just wait....CineStar was used on some BIG movies this year ;)

Ziv Marom likes this.
  9. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Flying Cam was founded by Emmanuel Previnaire in 1988 and they are true pioneers of the industry and great inspiration. They do movies like Mission impossible -series, James Bond and Harry potter .etc just have a look at their showreels. That said their quote for a shooting day is almost 5 times more than ours, and imo we are not cheap! :)

10. Guilherme Barbosa

I bet you did. As they start to come out please let us know
    Could you tease us, and just let us know what cameras were airbourne to do the big shots
    Thanks and keep up with the great work

11. Howard Dapp

Assuming from past post, I'm guessing we'll see a promo video for the C500 similar to the C300:) as for films, that's huge Tabb! Congrats!

I'll be happy with 6 mins flight time with a mini-cineflex!:) :) at the end of the day i'd love to be able to say "who needs endurance when you have cineflex-like results!"