Filmmaker / Retired Professor

Share This Page

John Woody

Member, Male, 73, from Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

John Woody was last seen:
Mar 12, 2022
    1. Joost Schlatmann
      Joost Schlatmann
      Hi John, just wondering. Got my Movi Robot yesterday. iPhone 8+.. latest IOS 11.4

i was prompted a Hot Fix v1.1. goes in some sort of Loop. It upgrades the firmware (6/6) then it asks to either Reboot or Revert.
      Once rebooted It then tells the Firmware update failed. Red light keeps blinking...
      Have raised service ticket with Freefly hoping they will get back.
    2. Frank Algermissen
      Frank Algermissen
      ...But when (nearly) everyone is focus on that product it also means that the chance to get API or hardware support is much higher than with a niche product.

So what's your opinion?

Cheers from Hamburg/Germany,

iFranky
      1. John Woody
        John Woody
        iFranky...iJohnny here The app as any app needs further refinement, After shooting for four straight hours in WV.. I really could have used some audio meters build in. Also, the selection of. I like the white balance manual setting which is helpful. Let's say... it has room to grow for sure.
        iJohnny Woody
        May 19, 2018
    3. Frank Algermissen
      Frank Algermissen
      Dear John,

specialized in shooting videos with iPhones I see you're using Mavis instead of FiLMiC Pro. Can you tell me the advantages, please? I always thought FiLMiC Pro is the leading standard. That doesn't mean Mavis isn't good enough....
      1. John Woody
        John Woody
        I used Filmic Pro for a year or so until one of my friends at Apple turned me on to Mavis. First, I'm a control freak after years of using pro cameras. Mavis on-screen controls including false color, zebras, etc. is really well integrated. The 100 Mbit recording in 4K is
        May 19, 2018
      2. John Woody
        John Woody
        outstanding. I can go full screen when needed which is handy. The audio inputs allow for polar pattern choices, etc. It's all so cheap! I love it iFrank!
        May 19, 2018
    4. Frank Algermissen
      Frank Algermissen
      Hi John,

maybe I missunderstood your post delete how the import user settings: FF does not allow that? Or did you simply had problems? Will it work? What are these settings doing exactly? Still didn't understand the reason why I should do that.

Cheers,

Frank
      1. John Woody
        John Woody
        So... after I posted that it cab be done based on what Brian wrote back to me... another support person kind of said no to me... so i deleted it. Privately: It's not that hard.. just save the file (Save Button) then share it via email. Once installed on another phone that has the Movi app... the app sees it and reads it and resets the settings base on the file... at least that's my understanding.
        May 3, 2018
        Frank Algermissen likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 30, 1950 (Age: 73)
    Home Page:
    https://vimeo.com/channels/iedithd/179049011
    Filmmaker / Retired Professor
    John M. Woody is a Professor Emeritus in the School of Media Arts at James Madison University. In 2001 he was named an Apple Distinguished Educator in Media Design. An accomplished filmmaker, editor, and digital compositor, he taught advanced post-production, field production and media design courses at JMU. Mr. Woody’s students have won more than 50 national and international awards. Many of his former students work in the film industry, major post-production houses, advertising, and network level production companies. Mr. Woody’s productions have been recognized with 33 national awards including 12 first place awards from the Broadcast Education Association. He gained extensive video production and management credentials. as manager of program development at The Learning Channel. He has produced nationally recognized programs for The Learning Channel, Merck & Co., Inc., U.S. Army, Smithsonian, Crutchfield, MillerCoors, the Commonwealth of Virginia, ESPN, and numerous other organizations and companies. He currently owns and operates iEDITHD in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

So much has changed in his career. But today he considers himself an iPhoneographer... using only mobile phone technology to produce videos such as these:
    https://vimeo.com/channels/iedithd/179049011

Signature

John M. Woody
    Professor Emeritus
    Apple Distinguished Educator
    https://vimeo.com/channels/iedithd
    When in doubt in the edit room... use the sound of wind!”