/dist/images/branding/favicon

Gimbal snagging a bit

Discussion in '2 Axis Gimbal' started by Steve Maller, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I'm rebalancing my 2-axis gimbal based on what I've learned here, and what I see is part of the gimbal is gently rubbing on another part in the tilt direction. These views are of the left side (the side with the Radian) viewed from behind. It needs another 1mm or so of clearance. What should I do? I never noticed this before. Thanks!

IMG_6298.jpg IMG_6299.jpg

2. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

surley that can be easy adjusted out by just loosening a few clamps on the tilt tube and the clamps on the pot and pivot on other side

3. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

I noticed the same thing when I was setting up my gimbal. You have to loosen the set screw on the tilt wheel pull the rod out a couple of mil and then re-tighten the set screw. I hope you understand my meaning.:)

4. Mitch Firchau

Mitch Firchau New Member

loosen the tilt bars where the potentiometer shaft is, then slide the carbon clamp pieces that are inside the regular clamps along the potentiometer shaft until you have enough clearance.
    Hope this helps,
    larry

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Wow, thanks, guys! Very helpful. Worked like a champ. Bummer it started raining just as I finished though. :(

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve, add all of the above together and basically you need to loosen both sides and slide the bar over. Also make sure that your tilt arm bars are aligned (the ones that hold the tilt bar). If they are out alignment you will get a bit of binding with the tilt bar.

Brad Meier likes this.