/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic won't turn on

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Mar 9, 2017.

1. SamMorganMoore

SamMorganMoore New Member

ive got the dead mimic problem and have emailed support, no luck ill try this, any update on availabiity of the video or pics??

2. Johannes Neumann

Johannes Neumann New Member

Perfect workaround, saved me a lot of trouble today. Mimic didn’t charge or turn on but after following this step by step guide everything working fine again. Thank you so much!

3. pedro faerstein

Thanks a Lot for this!! Saved me on set today. Ended up having the same response from freefly suporte, but having this on the forum saved a scene!

Best

QUOTE="Benoit REGORD, post: 77175, member: 7597"]EDIT: Please note that this is not a general solution for all instances where a MIMIC might fail to power on. If you have a MIMIC that will not power on, please contact Freefly Technical Support at support@freeflysystems.com before you open up the MIMIC and try this procedure.

Thanks
    Andy
    2017-04-07

So, i had the support from Bryan.
    Everything is fine now.
    Here is the solution
    If you feel comfortable opening up the MIMIC, there is a procedure to reset the MIMIC by unplugging the internal battery. You will find the instructions for that below:

1. There are 6 T6 Torx screws on the back that hold the two halves together. See Image 1.
    2. Remove the antenna and note the parting line between the two halves. See Image 2.
    3. The two halves are held together with internal clips. To release them you need to squeeze at the parting line. This is weird to explain, so I made a little video: https://goo.gl/DR2QQM Ithink I did the sharing permissions right in google drive, let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try something else.
    4. Gently pull the two halves apart. There is a cable attached to both sides. See photo 4 for the RF antenna connection. You need to make sure it is seated properly. There is also a GPS antenna, that also needs to be seated properly, while you're in there poking around.
    5. The other half of the MIMIC has the battery and connector that needs to be unplugged and plugged back in. See photo 5 to id the connector. As noted in the photo, there is an annoying screw head, just below the connector, that may interfere will unplugging it. I just used needle nose pliers to angle the connector up a bit to clear the screw.
    6. Once it is unplugged, let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in.
    7. Making sure that you didn't pull the RF antenna connection loose, reassemble the two halves and put the 6 screws back in.
    Now you should be able to power it up. Depending on when the system glitched, the battery may have some juice. If it doesn't power up immediately, plug it in and let it sit for an hour or so before trying again.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Hope it Will help[/QUOTE]

T

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  4. Mitchell Oke

Mitchell Oke New Member

For anyone finding this years on, I had my MIMIC become completely no-functional mid-shoot (after it repeatedly dropping it's connection to the PS4 controller).

Taking it apart today, mine has a swollen battery that looks ready to burst. Disconnecting the battery and plugging the MIMIC into USB-C power has it boot up normally, though obviously can't power it and use the PS4 controller. Will order a replacement batt online.

IMG_3813.JPG