/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is there an update API spec?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Brett Feddersen, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Brett Feddersen

Brett Feddersen New Member

Hello,

I am trying to control a MoviXL using an Arduino Mega 2560. The MoviXL is running firmware version 2.0.16. I have the Arduino connected and it is receiving data from the GCU. However, when I debug the status packet (QX287), I notice changes from what is documented in the Freefly API Version 1.0 Rev C (09.06.2018). For example, the length byte is 0x23, not the 0x21 as documented. The two extra bytes seem to be inserted early in the packet and the battery voltage is now at position 13 instead of position 11. The other thing I noticed is that status byte 1 is zero, but I would expect a value of 0x02 in normal mode with no errors. Does any one know of an updated API spec for the newer firmware?

Thanks

2. Kyle Fitzpatrick

Kyle Fitzpatrick New Member
    Staff Member

Hi Brett,

You are correct. There were a couple of mistakes in the API documentation. I updated it this afternoon. Please find the latest here.

The two additional bytes you discovered were undocumented. Therefore, I've added them to the layout of QX 287 shown in the API. Also, the first status byte no longer uses bits 1-3.

Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
    Kyle

Alejandro Selman likes this.
  3. Brett Feddersen

Brett Feddersen New Member

Thanks for the update.