/dist/images/branding/favicon

Concerning Issue with Recently Purchased Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Michael Campos, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Michael Campos

Michael Campos New Member

Hey guys!

I'm new to the community, as I recently purchased a used Movi Pro off Ebay for use in indie short films and similar productions. I'm excited to be part of this community!

Unfortunately, I'm not here on happy terms; but to ask your expertise on a very concerning issue. Sometimes my unit will power up, squeal loudly, then shut down.

Sometimes the unit will shut off the motors without shutting down the entire unit, and the LCD screen will show errors under STATUS, DRIVE, and IMU.

The issue does not occur every single time. Probably about 25% of the time I try to turn it on this issue will persist, no matter how many times I cycle the power. The only way I've gotten it to work after that is to disconnect the batteries and let it sit. The other 75% it works perfectly. This margin of error is, of course, unacceptable on any set.

To my untrained eye this looks like a serious internal issue, but I figured I'd ask if anybody has had a similar problem or if there is any known fix. The only non-major problem that I could see it being is the infamous Movi batteries, (both of mine seem to be near flat,) but it's very possible someone else knows something I don't.

I suppose what I'm asking is - what you guys would do if you were in my shoes? Is it worth sending in for repair?

Thanks!

#1 Michael Campos, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael:
    I think you might want to send an email to open up a support ticket (support@freeflysystems.com) — or you can do it on-line: https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I can't (and don't) speak for Freefly, but in my experience they'll do what they can to help you.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Michael Campos

Michael Campos New Member

Andy,

Thank you for your response. I have filed a ticket.

Have a great afternoon,
    Michael

4. Bruno Buss

Bruno Buss New Member

Hello Michael,

Apologies for the late reply. I also had this issue with the regular MoVI batteries. It seems after a while they get worn out and cannot supply the required current for the gimbal to initialize and run causing this weird sound. Most operators have switched to using the DJI TB50 batteries and adapter plates for the MoVI Pro.

If you have any further questions let us know as the community is happy to help.

- Bruno.