/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan and roll spinning uncontrollably

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Antoine Paul Lagarde, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Antoine Paul Lagarde

Hello guys,

I got a used m10 locally and I'm trying to set it up. Currently my setup is balanced but I have the pan and the roll that want to spin 360 degrees non stop faster and faster. This is with no rc connected.

At first it wasn't doing that but i had to disassemble the roll bar because it was slightly bent which would prevent me from balancing tilt with roll and vice versa. Now it's balanced but somehow wants to spin like crazy. Tilt is fine, in the app the accel values are alright. When roll is flat it says flat and changes with the movements, same for pan which shows the degrees going from 0 to 360 while it spins. I don't understand what is going on and this behavior makes 0 sense, is there something that I could have put together back wrongly that would cause this? Encoders in the motors that require assembling in a specific position maybe? Is there a way I can do a full calibration maybe?

Any help appreciated

2. Antoine Paul Lagarde

for reference "Encoders in the motors that require assembling in a specific position maybe" this was the problem, I reassembled roll not in the same motor orientation as before as I didn't know it was required, I figured it out watching the camera cage replacement video where they mention it for the pitch motor