/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro turning to the right (anti-clockwise) when it starts

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Augusto Fernandes, Jan 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Augusto Fernandes

Augusto Fernandes New Member

i've recently bought a Movi Pro and I'm trying to tune it for the first time. It looks well balanced but it's turning to the right (anti-clockwise) when starting and not returning to the central position after stabilising. I'm also having problems to connect the Mimic to the Movi Pro. May someone give me a help?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Movi's will line up the way they point the camera with the Toad in the Hole latch. So make sure your latch is pointed straight back at you in the ring, and the lens will point away from it. This is also helpful if you need to have the Movi panned-off to one side or the other for a side-tracking shot, just loosen the latch, turn the collar to point the camera where you want, and re-latch to the Toad in the Hole.

3. Augusto Fernandes

Augusto Fernandes New Member

Hey Graham! Many thanks for answering me :) I think i'm still having problems with the right position and also to connect the mimic. I'm sending a video to explain it better:

Note that the mimic it's activated. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Have you Bound the Mimic and Movi Pro together successfully?

When it says LOS, that means Loss of Signal, and they're not bound. You have to put them on the same channel, and then select Bind on the Movi Pro, and within 5 seconds, press Bind on the Mimic.

If you can get a copy of the Operator's Manual for the Movi Pro on the Freefly website, it describes this procedure.

I've found this can take several attempts to be successful. And it used to be you had to try it a bunch of times, give up, write a post here on the Forum, and then it would finally work. :)

You might try removing the antenna on the Mimic if you're too close and having trouble.