/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cannot connect to MoviPro App

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Andy Post, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

I've uninstalled and downloaded the latest version of the app. When I tap "Connect" it shows me my device but pretty much does nothing progress wise and displays "Select BTLE Device" and lists my MoviPro.

If I tap the device name I get a a flash of "connection Pending" then this message...

"Firmware revision not recognized. Please ensure you are using the latest version of this app."

If I look at About I see App V1.5.1
    Firmware V

Of course it just says V because it's not connected.

Thought maybe I need to update the movi's firmware, but can't do that without connecting to the app.

Catch 22?

Any ideas?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Can you update to the beta version of the app on your phone?

3. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

If you are talking about the Phone App, then I don't think so. I went to FFly support and clicked the link for the freshest. It of course just goes to the Play Store and downloads from there. I don't see a way to force it to look for something even fresher.

If you're talking about the Movi's firmware then definitely no, as I can't connect to it in the first place.

4. Graham Futerfas

Try installing the Beta app on your phone. You have to navigate to this page with your phone, not on a laptop or desktop:
    http://freeflysystems.com/support/movi-pro-support/beta

It uses TestFlight to download, and you may have to wait for someone from Freefly to approve you to download the app.

Other than that, it could need a Bluetooth update, which you can try to do manually with the SD card.

Check out Support.FreeflySystems.com to find information about how to do these things. There's a knowledgecbase that can be helpful.

5. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Working on it. Thank you.

6. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Although my dad (God rest his soul) would call the process a "Pimple on the Asshole of Progress", it is progress none the less. That did the trick. Thank you very very much.

7. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Quick update, the links no longer seem to be working and my app has just expired. I do wonder why we still have to go through this beta rigmorale given the app has been in Beta for years now. grrrrrrrrr

8. Graham Futerfas

Actually, if you go to the app store, can you just download the Movi Pro app? Maybe it came out of Beta?