/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movipro and IBIS lenses or cameras

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Trevor Smith, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith New Member

Hi,
    I am about to buy my first Movi gimbal ( Movipro) after years of DJI gimbals. Looking forward to hopefully having a more reliable system. I am interested to know if you can use IBIS ( in built image stabilization) lenses ( eg Sony 24-105 F4) or cameras with steady shot ( Sony A7111) with the Movipro? Does IBIS help or hinder the stabilization of the Movipro? I found I definitely needed it with DJI gimbals to help smooth the shots. Thanks in advance!
    Regards
    Trevor

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I would test it, because I've seen some wonky footage when the IBIS was turned on while the camera was on a gimbal. IBIS works well if you're holding still, but when you start to walk with it, it can have some odd effects, like wagging from side to side. You shouldn't need IBIS when on the Movi, but again, it's worth testing.

3. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith New Member

4. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith New Member

Thanks Graham.

5. Ben Ellingson

Ben Ellingson New Member

For hand held or jib work, ou should be fine. However if you're doing camera car or drone work, IBIS cameras should be avoided. Any vibration that makes it to the camera will shake the sensor, causing pretty terrible results. That said; again hand held is fine, though there will be weird flaring induced by the sensor moving around, so I'd turn IBIS off...