/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wave Player Crashes

Discussion in 'Wave Camera' started by Jacob Morse, Jun 20, 2021.

Tags:
?

Does your software crash too?

1. ALL THE TIME

50.0%
  2. 15(or X) times in a row, then 15 times without crashing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Once in a while, or once a day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Has not crashed yet

50.0%
  1. Jacob Morse

Jacob Morse New Member

Received my camera Friday. Spent Saturday shooting. Absolutely thrilled watching the clips play back in the camera. Now I'm trying to get at my files. Wave player crashes so frequently I'm questioning if it is just me or do other owners just quietly tolerate this?

I moved all the files via USB over to my computer's NVMe (but had the same experience when trying to work with files on the camera, just with a running camera on my desk)
    It crashes when I'm trying to open clips.
    It crashes when I'm scrubbing through clips.
    It crashes when I'm changing some of the settings.
    It crashes when it is exporting. Sometimes 1/4 of the way through. Sometimes halfway through. Sometimes 3/4 of the way through.
    (both to .MOV and to H.264)
    Player Version 1.2.1 crashes.
    Player Version 1.1.1 crashes.
    It crashes when you breathe funny at it.

Everything plays back fine in the camera.

My camera came with v1.1.0 firmware.

And then sometimes, after many many tries, it stops crashing for long enough to get a few clips out of it and finally breathe a sigh of relief. But this is after I've entered my settings 13 times because there's also no such thing as saving and loading settings... which would probably be fine if it didn't crash so much.

Using Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041
    i9-9900k
    64GB ram
    GeForce RTX 2060

2. Bernhard Pusch

Bernhard Pusch New Member

3. Jacob Morse

Jacob Morse New Member

This appears to have helped considerably. Not perfect, as trying to run a 10,000 frame file in one go crashed, but running it in 2500 frame pieces went 4/6, with the last 2500 frames crashing twice.

Appreciate the insight and help. This, being able to run 2500 frames at a time with some consistency, is much more tolerable than what I was experiencing before!