/dist/images/branding/favicon

Factory Movi Ring-Cinemilled Dock

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Peyton Penuel, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Peyton Penuel

Peyton Penuel New Member

Does anyone have success with the Cinemilled or ProAim gimbal dock with the factory Movi Ring? I tried it and my TB50’s couldn’t fit on it. Just wondering if I’m missing something or I just need to move on and ditch the factory ring and get the cinemilled Pro Ring. Or does the old like M5/M10 dock work with it?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

The Cinemilled ring was kind of hard on the carbon fiber of my Movi Pro ring, and chewed it up a bit. Mainly cosmetic. I like the Cinemilled dock, but for many years, I just used a $6 garage hook from Lowes and sandwiched it in a gobo head, and it was an excellent dock!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-12-8-in-Gray-Steel-Utility-Hook/50218517

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the plate to accommodate the gobo head, which allows me to mount directly on a baby pin\c-stand. Held some heavy builds over the years, too, and the hooks are nice and soft.

The TB-50's will always be a little in the way when coming on and off the dock, so you have to pull back straight, but they do work.

The Pro-Aim dock is a very similar copy of the Cinemilled... basically a blatant rip-off.

3. Dallas Sterling

Dallas Sterling New Member

Have been struggling with this and only found you two talking about it. I have the blatant rip off (and you're not kidding, it's like exact) and have really been struggling with the TB-50s docking with the OEM ring. I took Graham's idea a step further and I think it's gonna work well. Took a 3/4" ID PVC pipe that's just about 25mm OD and cut it to the width that the other handles would have the dock set to. Then I bent a 3/8" aluminum rod with a cheap amazon rod bender on my bench vise. I did one side first, slid the PVC over and finished the other side. Then I plasti-dipped the ends. I'll probably dip the whole thing later. I 3D printed end caps that have a 3/8" slot and flanges to keep the whole thing centered on the dock. When you want to use the standard handles, you just take this adapter off. Easy! 20230504_111603.jpeg 20230504_111650.jpeg 20230504_111727.jpeg