/dist/images/branding/favicon

What is the latest firmware version available for the Cinema Robot?

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Greg Killmaster, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Greg Killmaster

I can't figure out how to update firmware to the most recent version and I can't figure out which version is the most recent. From the website it looks like it's 1.5 or later. Can someone help give me info on how to bring everything up to date please? I know it's been discontinued, but would be good to have the latest functioning software!

Also, someone mentioned that a bad SD card could keep it from updating? (if I read that correctly)
    I didn't even know there was an SD card in the MCR. If so, where it is exactly?

Thanks and hope I can get answers to these questions. Much appreciated!

Greg K.

2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

In the app, click the 3 horizontal lines in the left upper corner. You can select update and then choose to update the robot for the latest firmware. There is no sd card in the MCR.

3. Greg Killmaster

yes, thanks, that was the way I was updating but it's still stuck on 1.3.1, but maybe that is the latest. I've seen a 1.5 update mentioned. Would be good to know.

I didn't think there was an SD card in there but I find people mentioning it all the time. weird. probably my misunderstanding.

Appreciate the reply.

4. Kevin P Riley

1.5.1 is the latest app version. I am out and don’t have my mcr with me so can’t check the firmware version.

5. Greg Killmaster

Many thanks for the reply! I would be interested in which firmware version you have.

6. Kevin P Riley

my robot firmware is 1.3.1

7. Greg Killmaster

Thanks a lot for the confirmation Kevin! I guess that tells me it's the last final stable release. Little disappointed that they discontinued before they release their updates that were to come in 1.5+

8. Kevin P Riley

I think we all were disappointed that they just abandoned this item. I use a DJI RS2 with my canon r6 for any video needs I have now, but with phone cameras getting better and better, it would be nice to just have this in the car, if the need arises. Now that it’s caught my attention it’s headed to ebay, along with my moment lenses.

9. David Snelgrove

David Snelgrove New Member

well well well.... log time dusty, but I'm digging out the Movi CR to try with iPhone 13 Pro Max... AND I wonder about the last firmware update available. Yes, it says I'm up to date with 1.3.1... but IS there a 1.5...or better??? Oh....look at that App Version 1.5.1 B232....Maybe good to go