/dist/images/branding/favicon

Two years later - a reflection

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Nguyen Nguyen, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Nguyen Nguyen

Nguyen Nguyen New Member

As an ex-owner of a Movi Cinema Robot (managed to sell mine on eBay for like $130), looking back, you almost have to laugh at how bad of a product launch this was. From "updates coming" that never came, to not being able to hold a level horizon at twice or 3x the cost of mobile gimbals that could, to constant bugs and issues.

Here's to all of us that took the plunge and had to deal with these terrible products for the time we had them.

2. Andrej Benja

Andrej Benja New Member

Yes im with you :(
    Watched the livestreams where they announced so much cool things for the cinema robot (software) and now it feels like they discontinued it and ditch every development for it.
    Only update was the counterweight upgrade :-/
    Also didnt find anything they say about the future of the CR thats why i think its a forgotten in the dust product.
    Im so disappointed. I want to sell mine now too.

3. Greg Killmaster

Same here. One of the worst purchase experiences for support I never had.

4. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

For those of you who are looking to sell, let me know. The MCR actually works pretty well for my use case, and I'd be happy to buy a few more as long as there are no known defects. Feel free to DM me. Thanks!

5. Greg Killmaster

Anyone know how I can get my MCR to update to the latest firmware? mIne has been stuck on 1.3.1. Won't update using the iPhone app. I see the latest seems like it's 1.5 or greater. Is there a manual way to to this?

Even thought they've discontinued the MCR, is there still support?