/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lens Mounts

Discussion in 'Wave Camera' started by Zach Wolfe, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Zach Wolfe

Zach Wolfe New Member

Im trying to figure out what the best lens mount would be for the Canon CN-E's? Would need it to be a locking EF mount for Follow Focus. I see Metabones makes one and C7. Curious if anyone has suggestions. I tried using my Wooden Camera RED DSMC2 PL mount with my DZO Zooms and no shim level got me clear focus. I saw Vocas has a large shim for sale on their site, but its not currently available. Any help on both EF and PL would be greatly appreciated!

2. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

Hey Zach,

Here are the adapters I use with the Wave and have no issues.

I use this mount for E>PL (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1281008-REG/wooden_camera_wc_233400_e_mount_to_pl_mount.html)

I use this mount for E>EF (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1314354-REG/metabones_mbspef_e_bt4_ef_to_e_speed.html)

3. Zach Wolfe

Zach Wolfe New Member

Thank you PJ! With the Wooden Camera PL mount are you using the support foot? Does it fit the bottom of the Wave? And with the Metabones Speedbooster are you getting any play with your EF lenses? I want to be able to hook up a Teradek RT FF without play from the lens.

4. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

I took the foot off the PL Mount. It does fit the Locking Sony-E Mount of the camera. To support the lens, I use a 15mm rail system with a lens support. This will limit lens flexing when using any FF unit.

No play with the EF mount either. The locking mechanism on the camera helps hold that part steady and the lens support gets the other side of the lens.

5. Zach Wolfe

Zach Wolfe New Member

Noted! I need to find lens support that works with my CN-E's. Thank you for all the info!

6. Zach Wolfe

Zach Wolfe New Member

I just received the Metabones Canon EF to EMount T CINE Ultra .071x Speedbooster and its working great. PJ any chance you could post a photo of your rig with 15mm rails? Trying to figure out how to get that working with my CN-E's as the lens is lower than the bottom of the wave camera, which will not give me room for my Teradek RT FF motors?

7. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

Hey Zach! I am using a older shoulder rig setup that has a camera base riser to bring the lens height up. Some like this; https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camgear-15...-/233745629450?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292