/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting accessories??

Discussion in 'Wave Camera' started by Elliot Lowndes, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Elliot Lowndes

Elliot Lowndes New Member

Any tips on a mounting bracket that will fit the wave without swinging around?

I see the 1/4-20 is flanked by two m3 holes, which implies there is a proprietary piece of hardware that can be fit there? I have to say that, for the price, I would expect either the ability to be able to safely secure 1/4-20 hardware via multiple 1/4-20 holes per face or, if the physical constraints of the design didn't allow for multiple 1/4-20, an included accessory that would allow me to mount nato rails etc.

I consider myself pretty prepared in terms of odd bits of mounting hardware for camera accessories but I don't have anything that will let me mount to the camera with two points of contact. If I have to go get something machined that includes m3 mounting, that would be disappointing - because it delays how quickly I can properly start using the camera.

2. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

As of right now, there is only 1 company that has created a cage for the Wave that I’m aware of...and it’s smaller start up called Flite Accessories (https://www.fliteaccessories.com/product/wave-cage/)

They are accepting pre-orders and will begin shipping March 12th.

Otherwise, I’ve been able to use (2) M3 screws with washers and a small NATO rail on the sides or bottom to connect accessories or plates. I’ve even mounted it to the Movi without issues. I’ve placed a small piece of Gaff tape down first over the 1/4-20 hole and then screwed a plate down on top of that for added friction. It’s a fairly light camera, so it shouldn’t be twisting a lot on you.