/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro booting Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Moovie srl, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Moovie srl

Moovie srl New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm experiencing a bizzarre issue with my MoVI Pro. As you can see from the first video, the gimbal doesn't boot up. No matter what batteries I mount (TB50 with Ignite adapter in this case, but it's the same with Freefly batteries), the only sign of life is that blinking white/red LED barely noticeable next to the power button. Funny thing is, most of the times the gimbal eventually powers up after I obsessively keep pressing the power button for a few minutes (See second video). After that, the MoVI starts working fine for the rest of the day, no matter how many times I switch it on and off. The issue is getting worse every time, forcing me to struggle more and more for that first boot up.

Does anyone have any idea of what the issue might be?

I also sent the gimbal to Freefly last year but they haven't found any issue and suggested it could have been a battery thing.

Here are the videos

Thank you

Daniele

#1 Moovie srl, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Neil Cain likes this.
  2. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

I have exactly the same issue with a brand new Movi Pro (1 blink of internal white LED) & it feels like a lottery whether or not it will boot, hoping someone has an insight / fix

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Neil:
    Sorry to hear about the issue you're having. This forum is primarily intended for dialogue between Freefly's customers, not as a primary means of getting technical support from Freefly -- for that you need to open up a ticket with Freefly Support and the best way of doing that is to head over to https://freeflysystems.com/contact
    That said, when their workload permits, I do know that Freefly technical support will occasionally review some of the threads on the forum, but opening up a ticket really is the optimal way to get support.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Thanks for the heads up Andy, I opened up a ticket at the same time as posting on here & am in contact with support - hoping to get a resolution, if I do; I'll report back here. This thread was useful as a reference to link Freefly support to