/dist/images/branding/favicon

Issue after firmware update

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Duane Bradley, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

I noticed today that we were behind on our updates of our controller and did the update to the most recent that is linked from the firmware download (4.2.0 I think it was?). After the update I'm getting a weird behaviour while using the Movi Controller in mimic mode with our Movi (was operational with no issues before the update). Now as I pan the head with the mimic on it, the movi follows at a reduced rate from before and eventually adds very erratic tilt movements that are not being inputed.

I verified the settings to make sure nothing was on an irregular setting.

2. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

I had upgraded to new firmware as well and I cannot control my pan, only my tilt. When I do tilt, it is also adding a slight roll to the movement. It didn't do this before the update.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Try going to the last page on the back of the Movi and hit Reset Robot. I heard that can fix your roll drift.

4. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

I wouldn't classify it as drift. More like a drastic and erratic tilt that definitely makes the mimic with the Movi unusable at the moment.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I was responding to the guy who posted after you about that... it probably won't fix your issue. I know you said you haven't changed anything but firmware, but I'm going to point out some possible scenarios in case it helps.

I used to get this erratic movement with the Mimic, and they said it was possibly interference or "swamping" the radio by being too close to the Movi. I wasn't using the Movi Controller with it though. Eventually, I realized it was due to the fact that I had a separate Spektrum receiver plugged in, even though I wasn't sending any signal to the Spektrum and the unit was off, the receiver was causing this interference. When I unplugged that receiver, the Mimic worked perfectly. I'm not sure if you have anything like that plugged in... not sure why you'd have two receivers in use, but you're obviously using a Movi Controller Receiver.

Have you tried a different Receiver cable? Or a different antenna? This erratic movement issue sounds like interference to me, although I suppose it could be your firmware. I had a bad receiver cable cause me 8 months of intermittent grief before I narrowed down the problem last week. Again, it's not the same issue you're having.

If you can get your hands on a 2nd Movi Controller, you could try to narrow down what the cause is. You could also go into your Monitor pages in the app and take a look at the signal stream to see if you can spot any problems.