/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Battery Maintenance

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I saw that we should not store the Movi Pro battery at 100%. What target do we want for battery power for storage and how do you drain it to get at that target power range?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Usually 2 lights out of 4 I think is ok. Mine lasted a good year and a half with moderate to heavy use, but I was careful to not store them full up for too long.

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

how do you drain them to 50%?

4. Graham Futerfas

Usually, I simply used them on the Movi, and toward the end of the day, stopped recharging so they'd be down a bit at wrap.

These days, the TB50's I use discharge automatically, and I have a really fancy charger from DJI that can do battery maintenance and stuff.

5. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I think I need to go the DJI route and ditch these movi pro batteries. What charger are you using with the movi pro and dji battery to maintain?

6. Graham Futerfas

I finally got the DJI Battery Station, after futzing about with the cheaper quad chargers. It's a big hit in the wallet, but I love it. I'm so reliant on these batteries now that I find it very worth having an easy to use charger.

I think even Freefly now makes a TB50 adapter for the Movi Pro, so it's no secret that they see the importance of them. I suggest getting Ignite Digi's version with the Lemo outputs, though. More power for other accessories that blow the Movi's DTap fuses.

7. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Is there a smaller option that will maintain the DJI batteries?

8. Graham Futerfas

If you mean discharge themselves for storage, I think they just do that automatically after 10 days of non-use. I think you can change this waiting period Setting if you have an Inspire drone and go into the App, but I don't think you can do it with the Battery Station. The Battery Station has a Discharge feature, but I don't think I've ever used it. Might use it if I was going to travel with them on an airplane?

Honestly, I think I switched to TB50's two years ago, and the batteries seem as strong today as when I first purchased them. Knock on wood. I do use them fairly regularly, so that may actually be good for them.

9. Graham Futerfas

Another fun fact about the DJI Battery Station, that I just learned -- it doesn't need to be plugged in to power to run a discharge cycle. It runs all the power and fans off the batteries themselves.