/dist/images/branding/favicon

Clip stuck in Movi app

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by alex snelling, Sep 9, 2020.

1. alex snelling

alex snelling New Member

Hi there. My iPhone died while recording using Movi and the final clip (yes it's the money shot) is now stuck in limbo. I can see it in iPhone storage under general settings but not in Photos or the Movi app itself. I'm guessing it hasn't had a final handshake but it's there.

I've looked at things like iMazing to try to get access to doucments/data at root level from a backup of the phone but it tells me that sharing is not enabled in Movi and therefore I cannot get inside the folder. Very frustrating as I know it's there. Any ideas would be soooo welcome.

Thanks
    Alex

2. alex snelling

alex snelling New Member

Amazing response. Is anyone from Movi reading this?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Alex:
    Sorry to hear about the iPhone problem that you're having.

This forum is primarily intended for dialogue between Freefly's customers, not as a primary means of getting technical support from Freefly -- but apart from that, I did some Google searches for: iPhone lost video battery died

It appears that several hundred people have had the same issue and question. I've not found any instance where someone knew how to recover the video, I'm sad to say.

Sorry I can't be move help.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. alex snelling

alex snelling New Member

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I’d already done countless deep searches for the issue amounting to hours of my time, even using recovery software to try to get the clip back. What I have discovered is that it is a coding issue particular to the Movi app and not an iPhone thing. There are are a few instances of this issue however none that had gone as deep as me and I am now in unknown territory as it seems the few people who encountered the problem have given up. Hence my posting here and really need some help.

Im aware of how many staff you have and I’m aware of how forums work and contribute to several on a regular basis however in this case, this was my only means of contacting support. I love the product and have no complaints but sorely need some help. If you could forward my question to someone in the know who would most likely have a fairly simple fix, that would be amazing. My email is slackalicefilms@me.com

Thanks

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm only a volunteer forum administrator, Alex, but I've reached out to Freefly to see if they can help.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Alex: I've been in contact with FF and their response is: "Unfortunately, I don’t have anything helpful to offer. If the Movi app fails to export the clip but the phone is still charged, it can be recovered in the Files app since it’s just an export to camera roll failure. We do see this with large clips on phones running iOS 13 or higher (4k >10min, 1080>20min). But as Alex's phone died during capture, it never executed the export command and I don’t think the clip can be recovered."

That said, if you want to open up a ticket, Jason provided the link above (thanks Jason!).

Sorry this is not the answer you wanted. :(

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

8. alex snelling

alex snelling New Member

Thank you Andy. Really appreciate the effort.

9. alex snelling

alex snelling New Member

I’ve just found it hidden in files. My client is going to be super happy now. Many many many thanks.
    Alex

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Wow! How on earth did you do that, Alex? Another forum might need to know!

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™