/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alexa 65???

Discussion in 'ALTA X' started by Tom Comet, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Tom Comet

Tom Comet Member

Seems like a long shot but has anyone out there managed to fly an Alexa 65 on the X? I see on the ARRI page that the Alexa 65 weighs 23lbs but I assume that includes top handle, eyepiece and some other GAK that could come off. We have the Ignitedigi landing gear for the Ronin 2 but have yet to fly it. What is the weight of a stripped down flying Ronin 2 with gear?

Here I thought we would never need all of that 35lb payload capacity. Now I am pretty certain it is not enough...

Any help is appreciated.

2. Benjamin Granet

I’ve used the 65 twice (on a Shotover G1) it’s pretty much the naked weight.

A Ronin 2 is around 12lbs with batteries if my memory is correct. You still need to include lens, Teradek, câbles and maybe motors and ND which is gonna be between 5/10lbs. That’s if you don’t need counterweight to balance...

23 + 12 + 10 = 45lbs

your decision to go further, my number might not be accurate as I’m not at the shop but they are close.

I feel like there is a reason why we see more and more Movi XL drones

3. Tom Comet

Tom Comet Member

Yes, these were the kinds of numbers I was getting too. Maybe that new XXXXXXL drone with 165lb carrying capacity that I see the Freefly Team playing with would have a purpose after all...

Thanks for the input!

4. Benjamin Granet

The problem is who’s gonna pay for it?