/dist/images/branding/favicon

Stability of Alta X with RTK?

Discussion in 'ALTA X' started by Daniel Waghorne, Jul 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Waghorne

Hey everyone, I'm interested to see if anyone has any real-world experience with the RTK system. Over the last year, a lot of what I've been asked to do with any heavy lifter is replicate a techno crane. Very slow, low, precise moves. I moved away from the Alta 8 a while ago and got a custom build with the A3 Pro, and it has been worlds better in terms of smoothness and handling for those types of moves. But, Lightbridge is just getting too buggy, and it seems like every update DJI screws something else up, etc etc.

How would the Alta X with RTK handle in that environment? If the fastest I need to move is 5mph at under 10ft AGL, how would it compare to something flying with an A3 Pro?

2. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Haven’t trying the Freefly RTK on X yet but the DJI RTK is night an day from the standard A3 GPS, so I would think FF/Pixhawk version would do the same.

Note RTK will not be possible to achieve at all locations due to the area and if it’s blocking the satellites/ground station.

But when RTK does connect its awesome!

3. Daniel Waghorne

Thanks for the response, Jason. Yes, I absolutely love DJI's RTK and it's a shame they discontinued it.

I've spoken with four different pilots who fly the X and it's interesting to me how the comments seem to vary. They're either just mind blown by the X and despise how the A3 handles, or say the X still can't quite match the smooth handling in the slow moves as the GPS is better than than the Alta 8, but still not quite there.