/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro horizon drift & tilt drift

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Marco Godles, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Marco Godles

Marco Godles New Member

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with our Movi Pro, unable to hold roll axis or tilt axis when flying under the Alta8.

Here is a video of the situation:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n77nxk78pf9up9x/Movi Tilt & Roll Drift.mov?dl=0

I've always had issues with the roll axis, and just dealt with it, however this tilt drift is something new. its almost like the system is in majestic mode while flying.

When I land and rock the gimbal back and forward handheld, there is no drift/rocking.

Here are some specs:
    - latest Blackjack BETA firmware w/ ios beta app
    - camera payload is RED epic with 16-35 EF lens
    - have reset to default settings
    - auto tune done @ 70%
    - hold strength 30 across the board
    - gimbal control using SBUS
    - same issue occurs in majestic mode & airborne mode
    - majestic tilt is set to lock
    - heading assist is OFF
    - re-done compass calibration

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My next step is to roll back firmware to v1.5.2, however this is not ideal as it will render my Movi Controller w/ FRX Pro useless.

Thanks!

2. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Have also had insane drift issues while on Blackjack with multiple gimbals. Only solution that has worked for me, is a revert back to 1.5.2.

@freefly whats the status on Blackjack's coming out of Beta? The latest firmware release has been over a year ago, and you guys are releasing products that are reliant on a Beta firmware. A lot of us getting stuck between buying new gear, but having to upgrade to a beta firmware, that even you guys suggest has bugs.

3. Taki Darendeli

Taki Darendeli New Member

Did you find the solution bro ?

4. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Same here, the roll motor is not strong enough to hold a profile tracking shot when filming cars.

The only thing that seems to help a tiny bit, is to operate with wheels, and have someone on the roll wheel making corrections.
    Which is not ideal, but... it does indicate that there is room for improvement in a firmware update.

Latest production (big amazon film) we shot open gate, and the roll will have to be corrected in post.

5. Taki Darendeli

Taki Darendeli New Member

Thanks for sharing your experience, man.
    From what I understand from here and based on my own experience, it seems that there is definitely a problem with Roll on Movi Pro and there is no choice but to fix Drift with the remote and make the final fix in Post.
    I hope Freefly will make a new and seamless Gimbal urgently.

6. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

We have been waiting for a slightly larger and much stronger Movi Pro for a long time... unfortunately, I just don't think Freefly is interested in developing one.
    Which is a shame, as our only other option is to fly the heavy Ronin 2, which also has limitations.