/dist/images/branding/favicon

Beta app not available

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Duane Bradley, May 25, 2020.

1. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

Yesterday during camera prep I reinstalled the beta app using TestFlight. This morning on stats when I went to open up the app It told me the app is not. it told me the app is not available. When I open test flight It no longer shows me the movie app as a previously tested app.

I went to the freefly web page and followed the link to download the beta app but gotten the message “ no longer excepting beta testers“.

How do I access the beta app for the job I’m currently on??

Martin Mikitas likes this.
  2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

You don’t, they have not updated for quite some time, chances are there is no beta app and the production app is the last beta they had. Support for this product has obviously gone by the weigh side, I hope their larger budget items are not faring the same.

it’s sad, it is/was they best gimbal out there and you paid that price for the best, but the support has been lackluster at best.

use the filmic pro app, they are supporting their product and it works with the Movi.

Martin Mikitas likes this.
  3. Martin Mikitas

Martin Mikitas New Member

Same problem here, we were using Tesflight -> Beta app. This morning the app complained that it's expired. We have blackjack on the Movi Pro. I tried connecting using the regular Movi app but it refuses. Does this mean we need to revert our Movi to 1.5 instead?
    Thx

4. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

Revert? How? Except via SD card I guess.

for now I’m using the Movi controller so I have easy access to settings without having to put my hands in the operators crouch to use back buttons.

5. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The Blackjack beta app for iOS had expired (Apple only allows the builds to live for 90 days at a time) and needed to be renewed from our side. There had been some requirement changes from iOS that took an extra day to resolve, but it was made available to either sign up for or re-download (if you already had it) through TestFlight.

True, there is no beta app for the Movi Cinema Robot, but this request and issue is not about the cell phone gimbal (though it is posted in the Cinema Robot section of the forum). There is an active beta app for Mōvi Pro, Mōvi XL and Mōvi Carbon users.

6. Andrej Benja

Andrej Benja New Member

Oh damn does this mean they stoped to support the cinema robot ? No future updates ? Like tracking and the movi studio thing they sayed they are working on ? :(

7. Iva Slavova

Iva Slavova New Member

Hello,
    When following the link for the Beta App on IOS for the Blackjack I get that message:

"This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now"

How can I get it again as there are still a ton of controls not available on the display of the Movi Pro ??
    The app "expired" on set and no further solution available easily at least !

8. Bryan Edmonds

This thread is about the Movi Cinema Robot firmware, not the Mōvi Pro. However, regarding the Mōvi Pro/Mōvi XL and Mōvi Carbon firmware:

The beta period has ended! You can delete the beta app from your phone and download the latest app from the App Store. It will connect automatically to any Mōvi that had Blackjack installed on it, with no need to update firmware on the Mōvi or MIMIC. Links below:
    For anyone that was using 1.5.x firmware (from the previous App Store app), you can now update your app and install Blackjack firmware without Tesflight.

9. Guillaume MARION

hi Bryan,

my Xl is on 2.0.16, was running the beta app. Now downloaded the new app but no way to get connected… looks that I don’t see the XL on Bluetooth list,

tried to update Bluetooth, but only got a red led and nothing happened!

Any solution would be so helpful, on set tomorrow and really need the app on crane rig…

thanks

10. Iva Slavova

Iva Slavova New Member

Isn't it odd the wrong link is still on the Freefly page ? I don't remember seeing this information in the newsletters either. I would imagine it would make finding this information easier than going through the forum to look for anyone with the same issue !

11. Bryan Edmonds

I don’t know what you mean by it’s not showing up in the Bluetooth list. It never did on iOS. My standard suggestion is:

1. Delete the app (any version you may have on your phone).
    2. Turn your phone off and back on.
    3. Go to Bluetooth settings on your phone and make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
    4. Go to the App Store and download the app
    5. Power up the Mōvi, and open the app.
    6. Tap the connect option at the top of the app and the XL should show up on the next screen to connect to.

If that doesn’t work, the gimbal support team doesn’t monitor this forum, please reach out to them directly for more help: support@freeflysystems.com.

12. Bryan Edmonds

If I missed updating a link on the Freefly website, please let me know (screenshots are helpful). Otherwise, if you search the support page for Blackjack, you’ll find this article:

Blackjack Firmware Public Release

13. Ashok Kumar

Ashok Kumar Member

I recently brought a freefly mimic intuitive movie controller( used one,now its on the way)for my m15! My doubt is should i upgrade it with mimic beta for it's functioning? Please reply

14. Bryan Edmonds

- Congrats! It's a really cool way to control your M15!

- This thread is about Mōvi Pro beta firmware (code name Blackjack). There is no beta firmware available or needed for your M15 to work with the Mimic.
    - Hopefully you ordered a MIMIC Beta (which has hardware parts that look almost identical to hardware on your M15), and not the current generation of the MIMIC (this one). The current generation of MIMIC does not work with M-Series gimbals like the M15.

15. Ashok Kumar

Ashok Kumar Member

Thanks, so in

16. Ashok Kumar

Ashok Kumar Member

Thanks, do the mimic intuitive controller kit contains the receiver to be fixed on the m15?

17. Bryan Edmonds

When we sold them years ago, they did come with the Mōvi side receiver, but it's impossible for me to say if the MIMIC kit you bought has one in the box. But it will look like this receiver if there is one included.