/dist/images/branding/favicon

Working on a mini Movi Controller

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Daniel Voorhees, May 16, 2020.

1. Daniel Voorhees

Daniel Voorhees New Member

I just graduated collage and ya boy broke! I own a movi and really wanted a movi Controller. The ps4 combo was great, but it felt really weird to hold the controller and also hold the focus knob.

So I started taking apart the ps4 remote and trying to rewire that! Turns out, the ps4 remote is complicated and talking out solder connections is really hard.

So then I moved on to the API! Turns out, that there are some amazing api examples and it really helped me learn the Arduino code! Long story short, I found the exact same hall effect joystick, yada yada yada, here I am.

IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

I'm working on a bunch of cool new things! there's going to be another analog joystick for zoom and iris, and what ever you want. As well as another knob for what ever you want! Im uploading the files to ThingiVerse If anyone wants to download the shell and give it a go. I also I have a version that uses the cheaper, craper larger joystick you can find on amazon or Ebay if you can't find the hall effect sensor.

Im also working on wheels using magnetic Motor encoders, I should be done with that some time.. In the next few weeks? Idk, gada find a job now :/. Best of luck friends <3

-Caz

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4287654

2. Daniel Voorhees

Daniel Voorhees New Member

compressed.jpg other compressed.jpg

WOW PROGRESS! im working on the mini movi Wheels next. You can follow the progress on my ThingiVerse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4287654

Update again! 6/23/2020 Power is fixed, so it charges a built in battery of the remote as well as the mimic. The Focus, Irus, and Zoom all work, however im still figuring out how to make the zoom toggle forward and backward, something like this code might work?

if(zoomboi > 512) {x=x+1;}else if (imput <-512){x=x-1;}else();

But again, that just something else to learn. The next biggest problem is making the display work, and aghhhh.. the display is really complicated. If anyone has advice on that, I would love to hear about it. Im trying to make it so It will display the mode that the controller is in, and then a small dot that indicates the camera is recording. They are built into the API but its still kinda a gray zone for me.

The wheels are also almost done, but I want to take it another step further and have it be wireless! So the wheels would connect to the main Arduino mega. No need for wires because the encoders just send a steady stream of position data. Something else that I found was the new apha wheels that use motors to apply custom resistance to the encoders! that looks really cool, and something Id be interested in adding! Then again, you can add that with a screw so.. simpler is better right?
    smaller final.jpg top view.jpg
    [​IMG]

#2 Daniel Voorhees, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020