/dist/images/branding/favicon

ON SET HELP! Movi Controller not connecting to Red

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Ian McGrew, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Ian McGrew

Ian McGrew New Member

I know there are a lot of threads about this but none are helping me... I had some camera issues on set and had to get a loaner body. We wrapped for the night here now but will be starting up early tomorrow. Most of the shoot my Red Scarlet-W will be living on my MoviPro and will be controlled with my Movi Controller. I have swapped or I should say I believe I have changed all the settings in camera to have control on the controller. However nothing is working. The RCP cable is coming out of the CAM port on the MoviPro, into the back of the DSMC2 Base Expander into the CTRL port. I have changed the

SETTINGS > SETUP > COMMUNICATION > SERIAL > CTRL PROTOCOL: to Red Command Protocol

and

SETTINGS > SETUP > GPIO SYNC > BRAIN GPIO: to SW in HIGH to Record Start
    SW in LOW to Record Stop
    GPO Funtction to SYNC Out

Movi Controller is running 3.1.0 firmware. I have just ordered a new RCP cable but I really don't think it is that since it worked perfectly before I swapped camera bodies. Could someone please call me or just let me know if I am missing an in camera setting to be able to have control on my controller.

Thanks!

Ian McGrew
    845-594-3711

2. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Did you ever get a answer to this ?

3. Frank-Michael Krause

Well? Did you? (bump) :)