/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi / FiLMiCPro / Moment Lenses Apps

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Lisa Blanco, May 1, 2020.

1. Lisa Blanco

Lisa Blanco New Member

Hi. I'm in the process of gathering all of my equipment for my Movi. Have the Movi app and the FiLMiC Pro app - both appear to be working with the D-Pad and triggers... I'm ordering mic, hoodie mount, a 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRRS patch adapter cable, tripod screw adapters for the mic mount, and now I'm looking at Moment phone case and lenses, which also apparently need an app!

I'm farely tech savvy, but all of these apps are making me cross-eyed. Can someone let me know the most simple way to operate my gimbal with FiLMiC Pro and Moment lenses? Do I need to have all three (3) apps running while I film, or just FiLMiC and Moment app, or..?

Thanks!

2. Tin Nguyen

Tin Nguyen New Member

Hey Lisa,

These 3 apps work independently. The Moment app offers both photography and video features, while Filmic Pro and Movi app focus entirely on the video aspect. The Movi app also allows you to calibrate the Movi according to different payload of your gears.

Personally, I use the Moment app to take anamorphic pictures since they have the desqueeze feature built-in. For videos, I use Filmic Pro and it fully supports most of the Movi buttons functionality. I use the Movi app to calibrate the gimbal when I change my setup.

TLDR: These apps work independently and you only need to run Filmic Pro.

Enjoy your Movi and have fun with it :)

3. Lisa Blanco

Lisa Blanco New Member

Thank you, Tin! I have, in the last few weeks, learned a bit more and am thus familiar with what you're saying. I did just learn about the "desqueeze" feature - cool. Appreciate the pointers, as it can be a little much when starting with a few new devices. I think I was watching too many Youtube videos, and they were all melding into one mess. I'll holler again if I need more tips.

Cheers!
    Lisa