/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro help

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Joemedia, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Joemedia

Joemedia New Member

We’ve been using a M10 for years and never had any issues. We bought a Movi Pro and have not been able to get it to perform even close to the M10. We have it perfectly balanced but it will always vibrate, swing or loose center. I’ve tried everything to get it to work correctly and have no idea where to go next. There’s nothing loose anywhere on the gimbal or camera. I’m attaching a video to show what it’s doing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Your Movi looks fine, just has the motors too high.

I suggest you connect to it with the App on your phone, and manually tune it. Autotune will always over-tune it, even when you turn it down to 50%, and I think factory default is 70%, which is even higher. The app will give you red meters that show which axes are too Stiff. Decrease Stiffness and increase filters to get rid of this.

For that little C300, I'd suggest motors set to around 65 stiffness (definitely under 100), and Filters around 5. Try that and see if it at least gets your Movi under control.

The other big issue is you're tuning it on a hard surface (as opposed to carpet or something that has grip), and the motors can easily push against that and vibrate. I usually tune in a dock, or keep a hand on the ring while it tunes, which gives the motors something to push against. I also Autotune around 50%, and even then have to do some manual tweaking.

Also, what are your Hold Strengths? I think default is 8 in the Pre-2.0 firmware, although the new firmware lets you get more power out of the motors, and default is 30, I think. You can probably come up on your Hold Strengths a bit, if they're set to 8, which may be allowing it to bounce like that.

3. Joemedia

Joemedia New Member

Thanks for the reply! I’m not at the office now but will try the app tuning tomorrow. We’ve run the tuning with a Movi dock on a c-stand and had similar results. I’ll update the thread tomorrow with the settings. As a FYI, I did update the firmware to the latest build. Also, we did get it running a bit better last month running an Alexa mini but it still would always drift off center and vibrate (although not as bad as the video). Thanks again.

4. Graham Futerfas

Keep us posted when you get to adjust it. It looks like a straight-forward Tuning issue from here, and hopefully will be simple to resolve. If you're having drift issues after getting rid of the vibrations, maybe we can isolate the cause after fixing the tuning.

5. Joemedia

Joemedia New Member

Thanks again....this completely fixed it!

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Graham Futerfas

You're welcome -- Glad it helped! Good luck.