/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alexa Mini LF

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tobias Paul, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Tobias Paul

Tobias Paul New Member

Hello everybody,

has anyone already used the Alexa Mini LF on the Movi Pro and powered it via D-Tap?
    Does it make a difference if you use the original Movi batteries or the Ignite Plates with TB50 batteries.

Best,
    Tobias

2. Amr Issawi

Amr Issawi New Member

worked with it and powered from TB50

3. Tobias Paul

Tobias Paul New Member

Thanks! What was you exact setup? Did you use the Ignite Power Expansion Pack or did you power the Camera with the Cam D-Tap of the Movi?
    Did you use a LCS and wireless monitoring?
    If yes what kind of LCS/ Wireless Monitoring did you use and how many motors? Did you also power it with the AUX D-Tap?

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I had messaged with Tom at Ignite Digi about putting an LF onto the Movi, and his suggestion was the camera could overdraw the Movi's D-Taps if you power the lens motors and the camera together, especially if you do a hard focus pull or something. He suggested running a 2nd D-Tap cable, D-Tap to LBUS, into the end of the motor daisy chain.

With my Ignite Digi battery adapter plates, I have the direct Lemo outputs, and a special cable they made me that goes from Lemo down to D-Tap female. This is a 26Volt D-Tap, not 12V, so you have to be careful what you plug into it, but so many accessories are tolerant up to 30V, and I have D-tap cables for most things.

In my three shoots with the Mini LF, I've ended up using my Ronin 2 instead of Movi Pro, so I haven't personally tested this. The R2 has a 10-amp overall limit on the D-Taps, as opposed to the Movi's 6-amp limit on the Camera D-Tap. If I had a prep-day to try it out, I would feel more comfortable, but those jobs just had me show up on the shoot day with my gear.

5. Amr Issawi

Amr Issawi New Member

TB 50 to power Movi and camera
    we use a small swit battery 98 w to power focus motor , wireless video and monitor

6. Tobias Paul

Tobias Paul New Member

I was also in contact with Tom and he was super nice and very helpful.

This sounds like a workable solution. Do you use the Lemo Output of the TB50 or the original D-Tap of the Movi?

7. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

I shot with the LF on a MoVI Pro a few days ago. We used TB50 batteries to power (2) C-Force motors (Iris and focus), a 7” Small HD monitor and a Teradek (4000?). We had no issues but during the build, we found if your power the Teradek thru the RS port, it draws too much power. We used a p-tap splitter to power the camera and Teradek from the larger amperage P-Tap port under the MoVI. We powered the monitor from the P-tap port on the back of the MoVI.