/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 battery issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Justin Daniels, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Justin Daniels

Justin Daniels New Member

Hoping anyone might be able to offer suggestions. Have 2 batteries, one works fine and charges fine. The other when charging blinks red 2S, that's it. When I tried to use it, the movi turns on, lights green then fades out (not the normal light, then blank, then light back up with how charged it is). Everything is right in the settings as the other battery charges fine. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm on a set the next two days and hoping to fix it since buying might not be possible before end of shoot.

2. Daniel Voorhees

Daniel Voorhees New Member

The nice thing about the M15 is that you can power it off of any 4s battery. That includes V-mounts! If your into some crazy DIY stuff and you want to fix it, what I used to do is cut up my old M15 batts, and use the connector to attach it to a P-tap. Heres a Link to what that looks like (they have it on a D-tap, but you get the idea). That way if you balance it right, you can power your camera with a v-mount (gold mount also) (any 14.4-8V). https://store.freeflysystems.com/products/freefly-battery-to-d-tap-connector

They are really easy to make!

It sounds like your Lipo is not balance charging right however. You can try discharging it, then charging it back up, however that's not necessarily a 100% chance fix. Again, you can also get 4s lipos off of amazon (like this) and they should work the same! just have to convert the plug.

Best of luck!