/dist/images/branding/favicon

unexpected SHUTDOWNS and frozen display on v2.0.10 ???

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Andreas Hechler, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Andreas Hechler

Andreas Hechler New Member

Hey all, need some help on this issue:

switched from Gremsy to Freefly, bought a new Movi Pro and changed directly the Battery system to connect normal LiPo-Batteries (2x 6S 1300mAh 120c). Everything seems like working and performance in the air is insane (GCU v2.0.10 Beta).

--- Then I recognized serval unexpected shutdowns mostly after 2-7min runtime or directly few seconds after booting up the gimbal with frozen a display ---

Please have a look to this video - shows it all:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/luse7okqberhd3f/Movi_Power_Issue_01.mov?dl=0

To find the issue I start switch off all attached power consuming parts one by one but didn’t helped. At the end nothing was connected, even the SBUS-Cable was detached. I switched back to Stock Setup with Movi Pro Batteries, setting reset and factory harness – it’s still there!

I downgraded the GCU to v1.5.2 (stable) and couldn’t reproduce the issue at all for now (maybe need to boot up 150x more to be 100% sure!). Then I upgraded the Movi back to newest Version v2.0.10 and the issue was back again and recognizable after few boot-ups.

For me now, it seems like it’s a Software issue on v2.0.10 Beta (??).
    Couldn’t find something about it in the forum or Facebook groups.

Anybody here experienced the same issue and can help how to avoid it?

Thank you very much!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Are you the same guy that had a similar conversation on Facebook about this in the Freefly Movi Users group, like two or three weeks ago? There was a guy named Gabriel Manz who reported the exact same problem, and had tried 3rd party LiPo batteries, but had a similar problem when he went back to Movi batts.

If you're not the same person, then you're the 2nd person I've heard complain about this. Did you email Freefly Support?

3. Andreas Hechler

Many thanks Graham! Not the same guy but same issue.
    Difference between the last post was much more time for testing and trying to locate the issue or mistake but can't find it.
    I contact Freefly now and will report the result. Thanks!

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  4. Graham Futerfas

I've thought of one more variable you could eliminate: the batteries. Can you try your batteries on someone else's Movi Pro, or maybe find someone who has a known set of working batteries that you could borrow to test on yours?

Andreas Hechler likes this.
  5. Andreas Hechler

• ISSUE FIXED after removing the MicroSD Card !
    After testing again serval ours I can tell the issue is caused by the microSD card or the files on it at v2.0.1, ONLY! ☹

I tried to export all files on the SD-card and recognized that there is an issue with file “MVLOG-48.csv”.
    I can export all others as well as importing.

Hope your Movi's are not infected, if yes, this is maybe the issue as well.

----THREAD CLOSED----

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Graham Futerfas

Hey, thanks for following up with the solution!

7. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

Hey, we had this same issue a few days ago and removing the SD card seemed to solve it. Is there a downloadable link to an uncorrupted version of the latest firmware we can load directly onto the card?

8. Ryan,

The physical card is corrupt/damaged. It has nothing to do with the firmware. If you have a damaged card, that interrupts the MoVi Pro boot up, and/or keeps you from doing a firmware update, you need to replace the faulty car with anew one.

End user firmware updates are done through the app, not directly from the card.

The "MVLOG-48.csv" file that Andreas mentioned above, is a 'Data Logging' file, that gets recorded when one manually turns on the 'data logging' feature in the app.

That 'Data Logging' file is not needed to update the MoVI Pro firmware. It has nothing to do with MoVI Pro firmware updates.