/dist/images/branding/favicon

Reset WiFi password on movi m5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Shaun Leyse, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Shaun Leyse

Shaun Leyse New Member

I recently purchased a used movi M5 on eBay. It seems to work fine however I can’t modify the settings with the mobile app because the previous owner had a password on the WiFi. I sent him a message for the old password however he is not responding. Is it possible to reset the WiFi password? I tried pushing the reset button on the side of the WiFi adapter but that didn’t seem to work.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

do u happen to have the jumper cable? if so you can probably just connect it to a blue tooth then reset it to factory settings.

if the movi has the MōVI Wi-Fi Adapter there is a reset button on it

#2 Jason Smoker, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. DO NOT use the Jumper cable to reset the values/settings on the MoVI/App. The 'Jumper' cable is only to be used when the unit has been 'Bricked'.

If you need to reset the parameters on the MoVI itself, you simply need to choose 'Load Defaults'.

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Chris he asked if he can change the wifi password!!! i dont think he can get onto the app because of the wifi password therefore load defaults will not work. so i think this was option no?

If Not please update us on how to do it? so we are all informed on the m10 there is a orange button but the m5 doesnt have that so i what can we do?