/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 app not working with iOS 13

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Bill Crawford, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Bill Crawford

Bill Crawford New Member

Hi - I'm not able to connect to the M5 on the app under iOS 13. Grabbed a fresh copy off the app store too.

1. I can see and connect to the M5 wireless network.
    2. Once in the M5 app, I get an "Device not found, please select the device in wifi settings. No connection" error.

Any work arounds - or do I need to downgrade my iOS devices?

Thanks!

Bill

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Sorry about that. Apple recently brought new permission requirements to iPhones and Macs. We are currently working on a solution and targeting to release a fix next week for iOS 13

3. Bill Crawford

Bill Crawford New Member

Any update on the app update?

Here's a preemptive question - anyone checked the desktop version for OSX Catalina?

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

iOS is now released. It should show up in app store within the next 24 hours. Sorry this took longer than expected.

5. Matthieu Meynier

Matthieu Meynier New Member

I have been trying desperately to get the app working but to no avail. I still get the same message that MōVI can’t be found please go to setting for Wi-Fi.

6. Matthieu Meynier

Matthieu Meynier New Member

Bill were you able to fix the issue with the release of the new app? I'm still getting the same issue. If you figured it out can you let me know the step by step you had to do. Thanks I appreciate any kind of help

7. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Matt, if you haven’t done yet, I would contact freefly tech support and give details such as your app version, ios version and iphone version

8. Bill Crawford

Bill Crawford New Member

Update following contacting support - I deleted the Movi app, reinstalled it, and it works fine under iOS 10.3. Thanks Chris!

H Deiniz, Matt,

The update to the app did fix my problem at the end of the year. I've also put an iPod touch in the M5 case and it's being kept on iOS 13.2 to avoid any issues. The desktop application works fine under Mojave on my Mac. While that works, using a laptop in the field is more cumbersome, and the desktop version interface is not as user friendly.

Two things though in the mobile app update...

1. I'm seeing that engaging autotune crashes the app.
    2. I checked the compatibility on my phone, and with iOS 13.3, it does not want to connect via wifi again.

It would be great to get the compatibility issue resolved. While I have iOS auto update checked off on my devices, I did before and somehow it was ignored. That might happen again.

Thanks! I'll file this with support, but wanted to add the experience to the thread.

Bill

#8 Bill Crawford, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    John W Butler likes this.