/dist/images/branding/favicon

How can I rescue the videos I took via Movi app?

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by Peter Cheung, Dec 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung New Member

I recently upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro Max. Today it was my first time using the Movi iOS app on the new phone with my Movie Freefly, to film my kids doing piano recital. Of the 3 videos I took, I could only save 1 successfully. The other 2, I always got the error on screen:

"Couldn't save to photos library. Apple error code: The operation couldn't be completed. (PHPhotosError - Domain error -1.)

I can reproduce it by simply trying to film a relatively large video (2-3 mins long, 4k, 60fps). My iPhone is 256gb model so it should not be a storage problem. Movi app version is 1.5.1, Freefly fimware is 1.3.1.

First screenshot (link below) shows the error dialog box I receive in Movi iOS app.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2...TYGDpnDhs0aC7V-ycKjwPmeprKlIXI=w2540-h1904-no

Second screenshot (link below) shows that the videos I took are actually still on my iPhone. But I don't know how to rescue them. How can I copy those files to a safe place? From iOS Files app it doesn't really show them.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6...nNiXJQgKZQSD5sj-c5K2JzqvCP8UQyQ=w880-h1904-no

Any tips on how to rescue those *.mov files is greatly appreciated!

2. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung New Member

For the record, I never had the same issue with my old iPhone XS Max, also 256gb model.

3. Stephen Hart

Stephen Hart Active Member

FWIW, I can't see either of your screenshots.

"From iOS Files app it doesn't really show them."
    Normally, you'd look in the Photos app to find photos or videos saved from another app, not in Files.

4. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung New Member