/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI M5 Battery and charger technical question

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by James Ewen, Dec 1, 2019.

1. James Ewen

James Ewen New Member

Hi,

I am new this forum so excuse any rule breaking on my first post. I am trying to find out the technical details of the stock M5 battery and charger connectors. I understand that the battery has a JST connector and a balancing lead but which kind of balancing lead. My reason for asking is that I am buying a used M5 that has two old and probably duff batteries. M5 stock batteries will take weeks to get to my location so I thought to use a third party 4S battery that matches the M5 specs, (4s 1300MAh-45C) the issue however is the connector which I will have to swap out from XT60 to JST. The balancing lead is an XH on this third party battery... but what is the balancing lead connection on the M5 charger?

I, like others, am also keen to hear of any experiences powering the M5 from VLOCK batteries. I understand at high 'G's' that they will not supply enough current without a step up convertor but what about low 'G' filming?

Thanks in advance,

James Ewen
    Wildlife Cinematographer
    Oslo, Norway

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

James its just a standard jst balance lead connector. You can charge battery without the balancing cable but its better for the battery long term if you use it. And charger will charge can it.

3. James Ewen

James Ewen New Member

Thanks Jason, shouldn’t be a diificult job to organise a cable for that :)