/dist/images/branding/favicon

And it’s goodbye from me...

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rick Bronks, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

Well. The time has come to say goodbye.
    My movi went on Amazon Seller Central and within 5 hours she was sold. Hopefully to a good home.

We’ve had an amazing journey together and visited some good places but she was always lagging behind the competition. She looked good, performed well but as younger models appeared she started to lose her appeal. Her portability was hampered by her weights, her software updates came too late or not at all.
    she raised a fair price. The money earned can be used to buy THREE other models that perhaps aren’t as robust but are more feature packed, lighter - more compact, and have faster development with apps.

Goodbye my dear Movi. It’s been fun - but it’s time to let you go.

2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Good luck! So far sticking it out.

3. Rick Bronks

Thanks man,
    I'll keep an eye on this place - but I think that if this company are serious about mobile film making then things would have changed. Things like offering an upgrade path on the counterweights etc. Making them easier to buy through resellers (in the UK) etc etc.

Rorick Edge likes this.
  4. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

The iPhone 11 was announced ten weeks ago and still not a word from Freefly. It looks to me like they’ve abandoned the product. Just happy that I didn’t buy anything else from them.

5. Jack Young

Jack Young New Member

I loved my MCR. Unfortunately couple of weeks ago was on a boat in Oman and a wave of salt water splashed over the side of the boat and on to my Movi. It’s cooked and doesn’t seem to work. So now I’m thinking about getting a new gimbal. Was looking at DJI Osmo 3, but then I saw the Pocket which seemed much more portable. So many times I’m shouting at my family to slow down whilst I put my phone on the MCR and balance it. Osmo pocket you must pull out and bang you can capture that precious moment on holiday

6. Rick Bronks

My account is still active and I had a note of a reply so thought I'd chip in.
    the Osmo 3 takes about 10 seconds to balance- that's with an iPhone and in a leather case. I you want to go ultra wide (iPhone 11 Pro/max) then you will need counterweights that are on amazon for about 10 dollars or so. These are screw in and you can leave them screwed in. Then it's 2 balancing settings which are extremely simple. The way the Osmo 3 folds means you could leave your phone attached - and you can also charge the phone from the Osmo with a short USB to lighting cable.

I also have the Osmo pocket - which is a lovely device - and is great if you want to keep it in your pocket - film something and pop it away. You're obviously tied into the camera and focal length of the pocket - but I bought a wide angle lens which is pretty good and gives a new perspective. Trade off is that it wont fit in a case with it on.. clipping the osmo to your phone is easy and gives you more controls .. well similar controls but easier to set on the phone screen not the osmo screen.

to be honest there's a place for both. Pocket is great for discretion. Osmo 3 is great because it's 100 dollars and is pretty solid- and you can get loads of ND/PL filters that just magnetically attach.. but you can't use the wide lens AND the filters.

There's rumours of and osmo pocket 2 - which could well have a new lens/camera etc.. but you wont be upset with either.