/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Horizon Issues

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Bacik, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Chris Bacik

Chris Bacik New Member

We are having horrible horizon hold with our Movi Pro and I am wondering if anyone has seen it this bad? Freefly's support seems to be non-existent so I am not sure what to do at this point... Here is a sample of what I am talking about. Prior to looking down (which I don't show) the horizon perfect/level. 15+ satellites present for this video, although even if I had 0, I don't understand how it can be this bad...

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

We are having exactly the same issues and we don't use GPS hold for the reasons mentioned all over the place and also we dont use the compass assist as this too has its issues. Some days the horizon works well and yesterday it was terrible with the roll moving approx 45degrees in a simple move forward.

4. Chris Bacik

Chris Bacik New Member

Angus, just out of curiosity, when did you purchase your Movi Pro?

5. Angus Benson-Blair

It was one of the first batch

6. Chris Bacik

Chris Bacik New Member

That's scares me. I just sent back one of my Movi Pros thinking the drift may be hardware related (same roll problem happens on both of my Movi Pros). I am starting to believe more and more it is a firmware issue though.

7. Angus Benson-Blair

We have the problem on two systems. I think it is firmware related but a new firmware is due out very soon that concentrates on roll things in terms of features and fixes. Fingers crossed!

8. Rolands Zelders

Hi, Chris! Just curious, have you solved the issue?

9. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

We are still getting better performance with old Movi series in terms of horizon level. In black jack firmware, there is no option for GPS under heading assist. What are the operators doing for keeping the horizon level on fast acceleration tracking shots?

10. Jotax Helifilm

Jotax Helifilm New Member

Hi everyone!! Same problem for us, while flying the MoVi pro to one or the other side, the horizon starts to drift to the same direction we’re flying to. It’s really annoying and most of the times it’s impossible to get the shot. Any idea to fix that problem??

11. Rolands Zelders

would it be that movi tends to keep the horizon at 0 degrees same as alta?

12. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Occasionally have this problem, however if I give the gimbal time to get a good sat lock at a new location then I don’t seem to suffer from it. I leave the copter off and just have it powered up until I get 9 or more sats. Also getting the gimbal op to do a couple of 360 s seems to help too. I don’t use any heading assists.

Kurt Wallrath likes this.
  13. Katya Nelhams-Wright

We've experienced this issue too on 3 different gimbals running various fw 1.4, 1.5 & BJ. The gimbals are 2yrs old, 1year old & 6 weeks old. We don't run heading assist either. Will try your method above Pete. For everyone does it only happen to you when fast tracking left to right/right to left?
    Everything Freefly have suggested so far has not worked so we are working to give them more data so they can diagnose the issue more accurately.

14. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

So - how's your roll axis in 2020? Had a car2car shoot with my Movi Pro, really happy how it turned out but the roll axis/horizon drift is definitely there. Latest beta version.
    Sometimes it drifts, sometimes it doesn't. We were testing on a race track, the first lap was perfect, then horizon started to drift and wasn't getting any better. On the actual shoot we were lucky and we didn't get that much curves but some corners are definitely not usabel becaus of the drift.
    If the solution is to get a good satellite lock, whey isn't there any option to get better GPS reception? Wouldn't mind to put a bigger antenna somewhere if it works.
    It's the only problem I got with the Movi Pro, everything else is perfect! Also I want to invest in more accessoires, but not sure if it really is the best platform when doing more car2car work.

15. Fabio Taddei

Fabio Taddei New Member

Hi.
    This year I got same problem on a race track while using the Pro with Black Arm: horizon level lost even up to around 20 degrees every time the car was passing through or accelerating after a curve. I can’t get sat fix except after resetting the Pro with a default config. In that case, I always get sats fix instantly...but just 7-8 satellites at maximum. And when I turn off the Pro, the sat fix is gone.

16. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

had the very same behavior with latest blackjack update last weekend, but didn’t try a full reset on location as I build my config directly off a default config the day before.. it‘s so good if it‘s level but if roll level is off it’s a real deal breaker and can ruin a shooting day ...