/dist/images/branding/favicon

Toad mount is getting sloppy

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rick Gerard, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

The Toad mount on my MoVI Pro ring is getting pretty sloppy. No matter how I try and lock it down I'm getting a good 1.5 to 2 mm of slop at the top which translates to an inch or two of movement at the bottom of the ring. It is hard to tell if I have the same kind of loose connection when I connect to the Atla because of the vibration isolators, but when I mount it to my version of the black arm using a Ninja Star + Toad it seems much tighter.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to tighten this up? I think some of the bumps I get when I am moving fast with the MoVI are caused by this slop.

I will post a video sometime tomorrow that shows the problem.

2. Robin Opgård

Robin Opgård New Member

Hey Rick. We have the same issue with one of our rings. Its wear and tear in the locking mechanism. If you see on the toad on your ring I'm sure there are som marks or "dents". We solved it (or at least made it less visible) by mounting the movi slightly rotated in the toad, and then correcting the rotation in the app. Hope this helps.

3. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

No dents, no apparent wear on the part attached to the ring. I already replaced the carbon fiber attach block for the pan motor on the gimbal with the aluminum one. My MoVI pro spends a lot of time on a car rig with a suspension arm and vibration isolator and a fair amount of time on one of my Alta's. The other day it took a pounding on a rough road so I have been really keeping an eye on it. All of the use with the ring has been either hand-held, Ready Rig or Steadi mate and it's been babied.