/dist/images/branding/favicon

Firmware 1.3 update fails

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Brent Altomare, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Brent Altomare

Brent Altomare New Member

Just received my Cinema Robot, and I'm trying to update the firmware to version 1.3 (Current version reports 1.2.6 in the app). The process makes it through all 6 steps, and then gets to the point where it says "FILES TRANSFERRED - Please wait for the purple led FLASH to complete."

After a few moments, the purple LED stops flashing and changes to red. The app ends up stuck on that screen, and if I hit the power button on the Movi, it starts up, and the app indicates the firmware needs to be updated.

iPhone XS with iOS13.0

Any insights to troubleshooting would be welcome!

2. Renata Brandt

Renata Brandt New Member

Hey, I just had the same problem. I emailed the support and Troy advised me to remove the SD card and insert again. Still didn't work so I send support another message. Waiting on reply.

3. Brent Altomare

Brent Altomare New Member

Just FYI, after some back-and-forth with Troy here's the outcome with my MCR...

They sent me a replacement SD card (because I didn't have one around the house - if you have one, try that next!). Troy said that fixes 99% of the units with this problem.

Unfortunately it didn't solve it for me. I'm also running a beta of iOS on my phone, and Troy had me try the update with an older version (stole my daughter's phone for that). Same result. We're now doing an RMA and replacing the unit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯