/dist/images/branding/favicon

Finally found a DSMC2 Lemo Monitor Cable that works with 7"/Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you get the Ignite Digi TB50 plates with Lemo adapters? Or no Lemo output?

If you got Lemo's, I think they're working on a solution to bypass the Movi's internal DTap's for heavy-draw cameras like the RED. I saw Chris working on a voltage-step down and power distribution box he displayed at Cinegear, and I've seen someone else (Michael Sutton with Kessler?) making a 24-12V step down box you might be able to use to power your camera directly from the TB50's. That would then possibly allow you to run your 7" touchscreen?

Michael Tushaus likes this.
  2. Chris Petruccio

Chris Petruccio New Member

Has anyone been able to solve this issue? I still have all these happening to my Gemini when when on my movi pro and using my 7''. This problem came out of no where. The camera was working just fine on movi with the 7" for months and then this issue started happening about every 15 mins when on movi. Off movi with brick it works just fine. Any solutions yet?

3. Michael Tushaus

Michael Tushaus New Member

Graham, if you're referring to my set-up, I went with the non-lemo versions of the TB-50 plates. I've done several shoots with this set-up since my last post, and I can say that the MoVi Pro + Gemini + 4.7" with the WC Pogo to Pogo cable has been the best solution for me. I also have it set up so that I can pull it off quickly (within 1-3 minutes usually), and mount the 4.7" with it still on the Pogo cable with a shoulder rig or tripod with a simple NATO rail and cine arm set-up. Works very well. It's unfortunate that my 7" is collecting dust with these shoots, but, it's been 100% reliable this way. I did realize that I could set up my 4.7" with the "auto hide tools" feature, which then utilizes the entire screen with the image which makes it much bigger. Then I just tap it if I need to see the tools to makes adjustments, and then tap again to hide them. My biggest friend is my reading glasses at 1.5x with this rig, as the MoVi's mount has the screen pretty close to my eyes, but I can't physically focus my vision on it unless I have the glasses. Being over 40 now, it's a thing. But, it's a great solution, and I can see my focus very well with this set-up. I also run the Title Nucleus side handle and focus motor for pulling my own focus when I need to, and I also have a Teradek 500 XT on the side of the camera. Everything has been working great together, and the TB-50's get me a solid 90 minutes + of operating time (while powering everything), so it's a win/win overall. Unfortunately, I have not seen any new solutions to getting the 7" to work with the Pogo cable. Like I said before, I had nothing but problems with the 7", but the 4.7" has been flawless.

4. Michael J. Leary Jr.

Still can't get the RED 7" to work even with the ignite digi tb50 modification with the freefly red lemo to d tap cable. So, the past year I've been running the 4.7" on the movipro, and no issues. Wish I could mount that 7" though.