/dist/images/branding/favicon

Fixed mount vehicle tracking

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ken Schijf, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Ken Schijf

Ken Schijf New Member

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've done anything on a vehicle so thought I'd check in to see if anything has changed with the new blackjack firmware...

I'm looking to mount 2 MoVi pros, to the either side of our hero car. Each shooting a 2 shot (the driver and front seat passenger).

Ideally I would like to set each MoVi's frame... And leave them, without constantly adjusting the frame via mimic PS4 combo or a pair of MoVi controllers.

Is this a possibility with the new blackjack firmware? (Using the fixed mount setting heading assist)

Or will I need to get another tech/op in to adjust the frame when ever the car turns left or right?

TIA

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

This doesn't usually look good when you shoot it with a gimbal. The car and people will move around in framewhile the Movi holds horizon. That's the whole point of a gimbal -- take out all the little movements. It's better to fix the camera to the car on a triangulated hard-mount.

Ken Schijf likes this.
  3. Ken Schijf

Ken Schijf New Member

Thanks Graham, I know what you mean. I've seen a comparison video long ago, wish I could find it again.

But assuming the DP wants to pursue this route... is this possible without constantly adjusting the frame when the car turns?

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Well, the DP gets what they want, then. Maybe put it in Majestic Mode with Tilt Lock on to frame it?

5. James Davis

James Davis New Member

This kind of shot always sucks on a gimbal, it never ever works or look good, I wouldn't even bother, this is a car rig shot that a grip should be doing.

Graham Futerfas likes this.