/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic won't connect to App

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Paul Begin, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Paul Begin

Paul Begin New Member

I am trying to update Mimic to 2.0 in order to use Movi Wheels with Movi Pro. I have already successfully updated Movi Pro to 2.0 and successfully updated Bluetooth Firmware on both Movi Pro and Mimic but neither the stable App or the Beta App will see or connect to the Mimic. I have never connected to the app with just the Mimic before but need to now in order to update firmware. Does anyone know if there are any known issues connecting Mimic with Movi App or if there is another way to update firmware on Mimic?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Neither version of the App will connect to Mimic? What firmware version is your Mimic on now?

3. Paul Begin

Paul Begin New Member

4. Graham Futerfas

OK, a couple of thoughts on things you could check. These might be basic, but maybe it will help:

1. Go the App Store and make sure you have the Movi Pro app, and not the Movi M5/10/15 one.

2. If you open the Movi Pro app (not the Beta), can you connect to the Mimic? You do this by Opening the app, and then at the top of the screen is the Connection icon in green below the Movi Pro logo. If your Movi Pro is on and in the vicinity, it might interfere with the Mimic, so maybe make sure your Movi Pro is off. If you've never connected to the Mimic before, tap this Connect icon and it will take you to another screen that should see the Mimic. Tap on that Mimic (with a serial\radio # in the name).

If the Mimic doesn't pop up in this section of the app, then I would suggest contacting Freefly Support. They have some special reboot things they can instruct you to do that may help.

Once you can see the Mimic in the old App, you could try the same thing and see if you can connect to the Mimic in the Beta App.

Here is another bit of information that you may or may not find helpful, since you'd probably need help from Freefly Support anyway: https://freeflysystems.com/knowledg...tooth-firmware-on-movi-pro-xl-and-mimic-pilot

5. Paul Begin

Paul Begin New Member

Hi Graham
    Successful v2.0 Mimic update. Thank you!

6. Graham Futerfas

Oh yeah? That's great. How did you do it?

7. Paul Begin

Paul Begin New Member

Just had to press connect. Movi Pro connects automatically so didn't realize I had to prompt for Mimic sounds pretty simple now but Im happy I'm there.

Graham Futerfas likes this.