/dist/images/branding/favicon

My Movi Travel Case

Discussion in 'Movi Showcase' started by Darrin Altman, May 16, 2018.

1. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Bryan (Movi Whisperer) and I are trying out the Peak Designs Sling 10L to see how well that works. I'd rather like to keep my old iPhone 6s and the counterweights all assembled for more run'n-gun style shooting -- also a shoulder strap is a necessity for me.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The Sling 10L I got today had a "wardrobe malfunction" -- the main zipper would stick when it was about three inches open and then require a longitudinal force of about 20 lbs or more to move it further open or closed. Not exactly what you need for a run'n'gun zipper.

The Hadley bags are available in the USA. https://www.amazon.com/Billingham-Hadley-Camera-Shoulder-Leather/dp/B000L8CNAG
    Quite expensive (almost the price of the Movi!) -- but prior experience says, as Frank says, that they are top notch quality. I think I'll stroll down our our local pro photo supply place (conveniently called Pro Photo Supply) and see what they have available.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Bryan Edmonds and John Woody like this.
  5. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Hey Andy - I have a PD Sling 10L and I tried it out today and it is perfect. Maybe just get a replacement. Here are a couple of pics how I configured mine. Bryan or Andy please show how you set it up on your end. I placed the Movi handle up on one end and I used only 1 divider. On the divider side I have my Rode videomicro, Shure Motiv, DXO One, & Moment 2 lens case and there’s still enough room to put more, like an anamorphic lens :). I put the counterweights in the top zipper. The Movi has the counterweight holder and hoodie + the cold shoe mount attached.

Attached Files:

Nathan Church likes this.
  6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

I've been pretty impressed with their quality, and agree that Andy got super unlucky!

We have a 5L at the office, and set it up the same way, handle up for quick deployment, but less room for accessories!

7. Brandin Stroy

Brandin Stroy New Member

Now that you have used this bag for a few months, what’s your take on it. I ordered the bag with the MCR, CW, and Hood to use with Moment lenses and have been looking for in-depth review. Really wondering if the size is too small and if I should return and get the 10L.

8. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Still enjoying it, and I bought my own. Just got back from a 5-day trip and it kept everything Movi related in one bag (Movi, Moment lenses in their dual lens case, Moment case for my 6S, Counterweight (set up for Wide Lens), Hoodie and 4 extra batteries.

I want more of their bags, in general. Possibly the 10L, if I want to be able to carry more than just Movi gear in it. But for now, it's great even to just stuff the whole kit into a larger messenger bag and quickly deploy the smaller bag.

Brandin Stroy likes this.
  9. ELLIOT

ELLIOT New Member

I have the 10L and put the Movi in base down with the weights attached. Have not yet tried to put the phone attached. The one problem I have and that is with any bag is that the arms that move up and down never seem to tighten enough to prevent them from moving in the bag. But I love the Peak design products

10. ELLIOT

ELLIOT New Member

I have a question. I have asked freefly and they are looking into it but perhaps I am not understanding how the up and down arms on the CR are supposed to work.

I tighten the screws of the arms. My fingers are very strong so that is not the issue. But the arms still have movement and while in use if my hand hits the arms, they shift. If I stick it in my bag, they shift. All that means is I have to rebalance which does not take long, but my concern is that if I am powered up, and the Movi acts balanced but the weight distribution is wrong, how hard are the motors working to maintain an incorrect balance.

Anyone else experiencing this or is just me.

#10 ELLIOT, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  11. Stephen Hart

Stephen Hart Active Member

12. Akin Oshoko

Akin Oshoko New Member

13. Akin Oshoko

Akin Oshoko New Member

14. Illia Batozskyi

Illia Batozskyi New Member

Maybe some already tried it. I have DJI Mavic Mini with some small additional stuff, MCR, several moment lenses and filters. Will it fit in 10L Peak Design sling of maybe even in 6L one?