/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is the Ignite Digi battery conversion kit! worth it?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Azzie Scott, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

im strongly considering getting the ignite digii battery conversion kit. My movi Pro batteries just don’t give me long enough run time when I’m powering Movi with camera and accessories.
    Question 1: is it worth the investment to ungraded?
    Question 2: is Freefly planning to come out with better batteries for Movi Pro? Just want to know before I make the investment.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it. Get the ones with Lemo ports, and they can make you a custom cable to give you an extra power port down by the cage for follow focus MDR’s

None of us know the answer to question #2.

Alejandro Selman likes this.
  3. Rolands Zelders

totally worth it!!

Alejandro Selman likes this.
  4. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I actually have both the Ignite kit and the standard batteries. I use both often. If I'm hand-holding or it's a really hot day or I'm over 5000 feet up flying the Alta I will put on the standard MoVI batteries because those TB 50 batteries are a lot heavier than the MoVI batteries. The Ignite batteries will run my Terra 4K or Sony A7's + full FIZ + Teradek Bolt + an Atomos Ninja V or Ninja Inferno for a couple of hours without any problem. The MoVI batteries will run the same gear for about 20 minutes.

5. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

6. Blake Scott

Blake Scott New Member

1000% do get on the Ignite train. Also for weight you can run one at a time when doing a lot of handheld stuff and it shaves off some weight.