/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi compatibility with DJI Master Wheels (SBUS?)

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ross Kallen, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Ross Kallen

Ross Kallen New Member

I was hoping someone might be able to let me know if the DJI Master Wheels will be compatible with our Movi Pro. We have an inspire 2 and like the master wheels ability to control the gimbal on drone... However, I would like to be able to control the Movi Pro gimbal as well.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Ross Kallen

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I would ask DJI this question, but I doubt they're going to work with Freefly to offer smooth integration with their API. I have the Alpha Wheels SBUS XR setup, and I know from talking with those guys that they've had to tweak their software several times to work with both Movi Pro and Ronin 2. You can use Alpha Wheels with both gimbals, but you have to change a software mode on the wheels when you go from one to the other because it's different protocols.

3. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

This thread is a little old, but I need to do the same thing and I found this link: https://medium.com/@ericwu/how-to-connect-dji-masterwheel-force-pro-to-mōvi-pro-b1a8ef7cda2b Apparently it is possible. I will be doing some testing on this very soon. However this is for a drone application so I do have the issue of DJI's 2.4 signal swamping (killing) my Futaba 2.4 signal that controls the drone. I am hoping that this will work with the DJI Master Wheels and receiver operating on the alternate frequency band.

Wayne Mann
    www.helicamhighdefmedia.com

4. Ross Kallen

Ross Kallen New Member

Hi Wayne,

No my post was intended to be pre-purchase and never really heard anything back.... I was very curious after seeing the wheels at NAB. I am still in the market, but the Master wheels seemed pretty pricey and I'm not taking a look to see if the Alpha Wheels might be configured to work with the Inspire 2. Please let me know if you go down one of these paths as well.

Thanks,

Ross Kallen

5. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

I have a 1st AC that I am going to be doing some projects with and he has the Master Wheels set so we are going to be running some tests based on the guys info that I provided via the link in my first post. Given the power output of the Master Wheels it may be a dead end as it will likely overpower my Futaba radio signal that controls my Alta.

Wayne Mann
    www.helicamhighdefmedia.com