/dist/images/branding/favicon

CANT UPDATE CONTROLLER

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Diego Comendador, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Diego Comendador

Diego Comendador New Member

I dont know why but when i start the updater cant see the COM port.... how can i do it???

Please help!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Diego:
    Can you confirm that you're using a USB cable that is not just a charging cable (there are some cables out there that lack the data pin connections) and that you're plugged into the lower USB port on the Movi Controller -- the upper port will not function for firmware updates.

If you are using the lower port and you're sure that USB cable is a data + power cable, then go into the Windows Device Manager and, using some other USB device, eg. an external disk, see if you see the additional device appear when you plug it into the PC's USB port. If that doesn't happen, then the problem is with Windows (EDIT: Try powering the PC down to cold and then restarting it...)

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.