/dist/images/branding/favicon

Features Movi users would love to see in future app updates

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Michel Ulmann, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Steve Davis

Steve Davis New Member

Is there a timeline for release of the app. I'm MORE than willing to pay for advanced functionality.

Pär Westerlind likes this.
  2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

3. Steve Davis

Steve Davis New Member

4. Chris Lopez

Chris Lopez New Member

lock focus button please !!!!

5. Joost Schlatmann

Joost Schlatmann New Member

Priority 1:
    - face or object tracking.
    - compatability with moment lenses

Priority 2:
    - camera switching
    - full manual control of shutter speed.

Minho Song likes this.
  6. younghoon Gihl

younghoon Gihl New Member

I also want object tracking.

1. Secure the Movi to a tripod.
    2. If you enable object tracking with the rear camera, a rectangle reticle appears on the screen.
    3. The user can move the rectangle reticle position on the screen.
    4. If a person stands in the "rectangle reticle" position within 5 to 10 seconds, Movi nods his head and starts object tracking. ;)

Minho Song likes this.
  7. adolfo melilli

adolfo melilli New Member

Hello all.. I'm new here
    I got my Movi yesterday,
    I bought it "by impulse", I admit... so far I used DJI Osmo mobile, and Zi Yun Crane 2...then i saw some videos talking about Movi, they say it's the top in it's category, so I bought it without going too deep into details.. that's a mistake I often do...
    I'm still too disappointed for all the things i assumed I would find here as the most obvious and minimal features,,, so I think it's too early to say if I made a good buy or a wrong one for my needs...
    I was expecting to find.. at least... the possibility to zoom in and out, with adjustable speed., the possibility to use the pad to orient the phone like a joystick when the Movi is on a tripod.. as well as an USB connector to keep the phpne powered while filming...
    I think the "dream of dreams" would be if Filmic Pro decides to support the Movi, I keep Hoping, that's why I'm not yet decided to sell it back.....

8. John Priest

John Priest New Member

Must Have....

Bluetooth Audio compatibility with the new Sennheiser Memory Mic!

I use a moment lens most of the time and adding an external mic onto the Movi is just gangly and not interested in a wired solution.

Having the Movi app compatible with this pro level wireless Mic would be a huge plus.

9. Stephen Jacobs

Stephen Jacobs New Member

A way to swap between scaled/zoomed and true aspect in iPhoneX preview.
    Currently, the iPhoneX video is zoomed to fill screen, and not showing the top or bottom of the video being recorded in the preview. In playback is shows correctly with Black bars on the sides of the wider than 16:9 screen. This prevents proper framing of video in the Movi app currently.

10. Stephen Jacobs

Stephen Jacobs New Member

Adolfo, you can power your camera over the USB-C port. Just need a lightening to USB-C cable. USB-C is bi-directional by design.

11. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

It’s pushing it to say it’s pro level. It’s very good but pro? Not really!

12. Laura Conover

Laura Conover New Member

After spending a couple of vacations playing with the Movi, I've come to a realization - it's an immense pain to swap between the Movi and returning to still photography on the same device. I hate having to rebalance things when I put the phone back into the Movi - I've started carving little marks into cases to make it easier, but, it'd be far cooler to not have to do that.

I really would love to have a still photo shutter button for taking stills so that I don't have to constantly swap out of the apps (and potentially remove the phone from the Movi as well) when taking a still. Being able to suddenly hit a button and swap to a stable still landscape or portrait mode would be wonderful.

Movi would be ideal for capturing and causing motion blur in still photography using panning, for example - no undesired wobble but still getting the targeted effect.

John Chu likes this.
  13. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

I would like an object tracking. I would also like if they could put some urgency into Filmic Pro to integrate with Freefly so that they are supported at least as well as Zhiyun and DJI. Both companies are in the same neighborhood, which should help. I know that Filmic Pro guys are serious about doing it, I am just impatient. I am old.

14. Christian Robinson

Christian Robinson New Member

Fully understand incremental development to maintain a congruent core experience.
    Wish list for my admittedly fringe use case:

Function I've hoped, dreamed, and asked for every livestream since the Movi was first revealed.

• Remote control Movi a la Movi Pro + Pilot or Mimic
      • I've been experimenting with various mounts for Robbi over the past year and the ability to control (and monitor video) from a distance would incredible. The addition of this feature would be the literal fulfillment of your mission and vision statement in my work life.
    Functions I needed the day I unpacked Robbi (Robbi is my Movi's name)
    • Full manual Camera Control
      • One of my first projects was shooting a dance film. I settled on Filmic Pro. It did the job ok but the work flow was clunky and slow.
    • Wide and Tele lens selection
      • I use an iPhone 8+
    • Ability to store additional custom calibration settings.
      • One of the few difficulties I've had is switching between lenses. It pains me to have to re-calibrate the weights after meticulously dialing them in for the previous lens. I'll be adding the Animorphic and Macro to my kit soon as well as a ND filter solution. It'd be great if I could balance once and store it for later use.

Functions I wanted the day I unpacked Robbi
    • Use all methods in portrait mode, especially Echo.
    • Assign custom function to the D-pad.
      • For instance, executing smooth barrel roll reversals if I could map that function to the D-pad. As it stands, it can be quite trying to lightly tap the screen. I'm often moving at reasonably high speeds (relative to bipedal locomotion) when operating Robbi.
    • Object Tracking

15. Brayden Klein

Brayden Klein New Member

Would really like to see tilt lock available in portrait mode as well. Lots of shooting for Instagram tv!

16. Carey Lee Coffey

Anamorphic desqueeze within the app, same as the moment app.

17. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

Isn't that there now?

18. Antonin Richard

Antonin Richard New Member

I have a few suggestions for future updates:
    - A Mode that allows to completely lock all the motors (would make it easier for panning in-camera transitions). The smartpod mode does not turn Movi into a real tripod. When you pick it up, the motors move.

- Fix the issue with the framerate when watching clips in the gallery. Right now, if you shoot at other framerates than low framerates, the video is automatically slowed down. I would like to see my clips at regular speed when shooting at 60 fps for example

19. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Sadly the company has not given us anything of note lately, my fear is that the development for future features has really come to a standstill.

20. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Update the firmware strengthen the motor and remove the need for counterweights similar to osmo mobile 3. If they dont do this, movi as a product will have a very quick death.