/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is development dead on this?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Cedric Young, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

The new Alpha app has shutter angle adjustment, focus, anamorphic, and the ability to chose either native iPhone lens.

Stefan Timm likes this.
  2. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

Filmic - new app out now with MCR support and integration. MASSIVE update.

3. Andre Yew

Andre Yew New Member

The new Filmic Pro with MCR support is on the US Apple App Store, released about 15 hours ago. Looks promising!

They posted a tutorial too:

Pavel Houda likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Pavel: I have no problem with the opinions that you express, and the way that you express them. They are measured, professional, and reasoned. This forum is indeed for FF customers to ask/answer questions, seek/give advice and generally discuss FF's products. With that said, reasonable people can disagree, but for this forum, the manner in which they express that disagreement must also remain measured, professional, and reasoned. Such disagreement, done right, can often advance the discussion and allow opinions to change.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Pavel Houda likes this.
  5. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

The biggest issue I have was with communication breakdown from Freefly about updates, that was the reason I started this thread. If there are active development going on then lets talk about it and update with some progress and ETAs, deadlines can be missed but keeping communication open will simply make folks happier for your future products.

Now that Filmic Pro released their update it helps alot, I'm hoping Filmic is also working on enabling all the 'robot' features as well because that's what make this little thing shine.

I'm still lost on how to get the Alpha software ... I manage to get beta on my phone only ...

John Chu likes this.
  6. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

You are right! We've been behind on communication. It also came to a point where talking about the future doesn't really cut it for many people and people want to see the real output. For this quarter
    • Movi iOS App is getting a camera update. It will be released to beta within a week.
    • Filmic Pro is releasing/released integration with Movi for their iOS and Android apps.
    • We have more exciting major plans for the Movi App, however design and development is not at a point where it is fair to tease about it yet.

7. Dave Johns

Dave Johns New Member

Very good to hear, indeed. Press on,
    That's good to hear. I asked to join up with the Alpha shakedown, but I haven't heard anything.

8. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

Still having challenge figure out how to gain access to Alpha app. I PM on IG and didn't even get a reply

9. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

v1.5 Beta is out! Thanks everyone

10. Greg Killmaster

I hear there is a beta tracking feature implemented. How can I access that please?

11. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Honestly I am beginning to be disappointed with this company. They were doing some major hype on this product which is the most expensive in the market for its segment. With such a low development cycle and obviously lacking some of the promised features long after its launch its is beginning to look gloomy. I am happy to be proven wrong of course.

12. Greg Killmaster

At this point, I'm feeling super disappointed as well. I get no answers to any of my questions regarding future ETAs and zero answers to my question on how to get the beta! How can it be that there is so little response. I kinda wish I'd never gotten my Cinema Robot. Really hoping this changes soon or I will be forced to go elsewhere.

13. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Hey guys, just a quick reminder that this is a user forum, not a venue monitored by Freefly Support or Development teams. We don't provide active support here.

• As noted above, this forum is not actively monitored by Freefly Staff. If you want answers or help from Freefly staff (instead of other users or the volunteer moderators), you need to contact us on a channel that we monitor: Freefly Support
    • We have not released any version of the Movi Cinema Robot app with a tracking feature.
    • I don't see any questions from you about ETAs in the Support system. If you have asked about an ETA somewhere on this forum, please forward that request to Support, at the link above, so that we can find the answer for you.
    • There is not an active beta app at this time. All features have been pushed to the stable apps, which can be updated via the App Store or Google Play Store.
    • At any time, any available releases of the Movi app (or any other app) will be linked to/explained/provided on the Support page for that hardware. To see if there is a beta release available, check the the Movi Support Page. If you don't see a beta section listed under "Software," there isn't anything to be had.