/dist/images/branding/favicon

Object tracking

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rick Gerard, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I have a mobile head for my OSMO as well as the Zenmuse and standard head. The mobile head allows me to identify a person or object and then the Osmo will pan around and keep the shot pretty well framed up if you are handheld or if you mount the OSMO and have the person walk around.

There does not appear to be any feature like this on the MOVI. I saw a test of geometric tracking on Freefly's video stream a while ago where a spot was assigned using the iPhone's camera and then the MoVI Pro would always point at the spot. I think it used apple's ARKit framework. Is there any news on this feature. I use it all the time on my Osmo when I'm producing how-to videos because it keeps me in the shot.

2. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

I'm coming from the Osmo+/M1 world as well. I've heard mention in a couple of the livestreams that they are planning to add features like this in the future. How soon? No idea. hHopefully sooner than later.

3. Greg Killmaster

Is there any new info on this?

4. Greg Killmaster

I can't believe that there is no response to this. No mention of object tracking plans or etas?