/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bad Horizon Level & App Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Nguyen Nguyen, Aug 24, 2018.

1. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Eureka. I finally realized just today that the Movi Cinema Robot clamp and the rounded corners of the Moment iPhone photo case don't mate as tightly and evenly as it should.

It has been emphasized to me to make sure the iPhone is gripped properly on the Movi--- but I found it very easy for the Movi to hold the iPhone with Moment case securely but also at the same time slightly unevenly because the Moment case has some give to it.

That soft rubber compound on the case means I can mount the phone and still be tilted by a degree when looking at the horizon.
    From now on, I will be jiggle and press down the clamps on the left side to make sure it is even. (A naked iPhone don't have the issue.)

Troubleshooting this issue was tougher since it wasn't happening consistently because I may mount the phone "correctly" some of the time and I was blaming it on the MCR. (And it looked like it was secure in the clamps)

Oh well---A big loud Homer Simpson "DOH"! ----Since the issue seems to be the Moment Case being a bit too fat for the Movi clamps and hence my "leaning" issue.

#21 John Chu, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Pavel Houda likes this.
  2. Robert Kadelka

Robert Kadelka New Member

Hey People!
    With the latest update, the roll trim is finally enabled. Happy to say it works great, and solves the leaning I was having

John Chu likes this.
  3. Dan Gosselin

Dan Gosselin New Member

Is the roll trim part of the firmware or the Movi app update? What if I want to use another app such as Moment or Filmic Pro? I definitely have an effected unit.

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The roll trim adjustment is in the Movi app itself, but adjustments stay applied to the Movi regardless of which app you are running, including FiLMiC Pro, Moment, native, etc.

5. Dan Gosselin

Dan Gosselin New Member

Excellent! Glad to hear.

6. Robert Kadelka

Robert Kadelka New Member

Yeah, confirming what Bryan wrote.
    Also check out the recent Filmic Pro integration if you haven't already seen it. It's awesome!